This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1P Button

richardripley
richardripley Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Fix for 1P button and Evernote button</div>I'm still having the moving 1P button issue in Safari. I have Evernote's button installed and 1 Password's button. If I launch Safari the 1Password button will move over to the right of the Toolbar during subsequent launches. I believe the "bug" has been around for a long time. Any idea when a fix might appear? I use the "Top menu bar" preference but it would be nice, not essential, if the 1Password button would stay put!

Thanks!

Comments

• [quote name='richardripley' timestamp='1289778842' post='15129']

I'm still having the moving 1P button issue in Safari. I have Evernote's button installed and 1 Password's button. If I launch Safari the 1Password button will move over to the right of the Toolbar during subsequent launches. I believe the "bug" has been around for a long time. Any idea when a fix might appear? I use the "Top menu bar" preference but it would be nice, not essential, if the 1Password button would stay put!

Thanks!

[/quote]

Hi Richard,

I'm really sorry for the trouble here. Unfortunately, an old version of the Evernote Safari extension didn't play nice with any toolbar customisations the user has made, which of course includes 1Password. Please see this thread <http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11603> and this post in particular <http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11603&p=46940#p46722> for more information. We've reached out to the Evernote team to supply code to get this working and they made some progress in a recent update.

Please try upgrading to the latest version of Evernote and see if that helps. If not, try removing the Evernote clipper extension and see if that helps. Assuming it does, you can achieve much of the Evernote clipper's functionality by simply dragging the URL from the address bar to the Evernote icon in the Dock or the menu-bar icon. Select the URL and click and hold for a short delay before dragging to have the text drag. Then, drop the URL on the Evernote icon to clip the page. With this in place, many users have found they do not need to use the Evernote clipper in Safari at all.

After removing Evernote, restart Safari and you should be able to get the 1Password icon to stay on the toolbar. Alternatively, if you want to keep the Evernote icon, you can access all of 1Password's functionality from the context menu in the browser (ctrl-click on the webpage).

The long term solution this for this may come when we eventually move to a full Safari 5 extension rather than the current method, however there's still more work we need to do to get the Safari 5 extension ready for prime-time so I don't have a timeframe for exactly when this will be available.

Sorry I don't have a better solution right now,
  • richardripley
    [quote name='stu' timestamp='1289786162' post='15133']

Hi Richard,

I'm really sorry for the trouble here. Unfortunately, an old version of the Evernote Safari extension didn't play nice with any toolbar customisations the user has made, which of course includes 1Password. Please see this thread <http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11603> and this post in particular <http://forum.evernote.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11603&p=46940#p46722> for more information. We've reached out to the Evernote team to supply code to get this working and they made some progress in a recent update.

Please try upgrading to the latest version of Evernote and see if that helps. If not, try removing the Evernote clipper extension and see if that helps. Assuming it does, you can achieve much of the Evernote clipper's functionality by simply dragging the URL from the address bar to the Evernote icon in the Dock or the menu-bar icon. Select the URL and click and hold for a short delay before dragging to have the text drag. Then, drop the URL on the Evernote icon to clip the page. With this in place, many users have found they do not need to use the Evernote clipper in Safari at all.

After removing Evernote, restart Safari and you should be able to get the 1Password icon to stay on the toolbar. Alternatively, if you want to keep the Evernote icon, you can access all of 1Password's functionality from the context menu in the browser (ctrl-click on the webpage).

The long term solution this for this may come when we eventually move to a full Safari 5 extension rather than the current method, however there's still more work we need to do to get the Safari 5 extension ready for prime-time so I don't have a timeframe for exactly when this will be available.

Sorry I don't have a better solution right now,

[/quote]

Hello Stu:

Thanks for your quick reply about the 1Password Button troubles. I have been using the most recent Mac version of Evernote for some time now. I'll remove the Evernote clipper extension and use your work around. I don't understand when you write, "or the menu-bar icon." I have experimented with dragging the URL to the Evernote icon in the dock and that works fine. What is the other alternative you mention - "menu-bar icon?"

Cheers,

RR
  • camner
    camner Member
    [quote name='richardripley' timestamp='1289799834' post='15143']

Hello Stu:

Thanks for your quick reply about the 1Password Button troubles. I have been using the most recent Mac version of Evernote for some time now. I'll remove the Evernote clipper extension and use your work around. I don't understand when you write, "or the menu-bar icon." I have experimented with dragging the URL to the Evernote icon in the dock and that works fine. What is the other alternative you mention - "menu-bar icon?"

Cheers,

RR

[/quote]

One of Evernote's options is to have an elephant icon menu item in the menu bar at the top right....I think that's what Stu is referring to.
  • [quote name='camner' timestamp='1289800873' post='15144']

One of Evernote's options is to have an elephant icon menu item in the menu bar at the top right....I think that's what Stu is referring to.

[/quote]

Thanks camner! That's exactly what I meant, but it turns out you can't drag stuff to the Elephant in the menu-bar, I must have been thinking of another application, probably Droplr, so you would need to drag to the Dock icon.

Sorry about that,
  • richardripley
    edited November 2010
    [quote name='stu' timestamp='1290046319' post='15366']

Thanks camner! That's exactly what I meant, but it turns out you can't drag stuff to the Elephant in the menu-bar, I must have been thinking of another application, probably Droplr, so you would need to drag to the Dock icon.

Sorry about that,

[/quote]

Hi Stu:

I've been using the "drag to Dock" workaround and that works for me. Thanks for the suggestion and for a great piece of software - 1Password!