This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Moving keychain to Dropbox changes it into a zip file???

Baltika3
Baltika3 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Hi,

I recently registered for Dropbox as I want to use 1Password on a Windows laptop as well as my MacbookPro, but after moving the keychain to the dropbox folder and uploading it appears as a zip file and is unusable. Anyone had a similar problem or am I doing something glaringly wrong? Please advise,

Thanks,

Baltika3

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, Baltika3!

Could you tell us a little more about how you moved your 1Password data file to your Dropbox folder? Did you do this from your Windows laptop or from your Mac?
  • Baltika3
    Baltika3 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    MartyS,

Thanks for reply, I did this from my mac by moving the keychain to my Dropbox folder in 1Password Preferences. I don't understand why it appears as a zip. Any help you can give me ion this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Baltika3
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited December 1969
    Baltika3, I'm hoping a little more information might help us understand what's going on:

Is the moved file's name still 1Password.agilekeychain, or is it now 1Password.agilekeychain.zip?

If you Control+click the file, does the menu show [B]Compress "filename"[/B]?

Can you send us a screenshot, so we can see the icon? (You can take a screenshot by pressing ⌘⇧3. This will take a picture of your screen and save it to your Desktop. You can upload it with a reply to this post.)

Thanks for your help!