This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

How to Reset the 4 digits pass code on 1Password for iPhone

hkg2003
hkg2003 Junior Member
Dear Sir

I have been using the 1Password for Mac and sync the 1Password.agilekeychain via Drop box with my iPhone successfully. However, I now forget the 4-digit pass code on the 1Password app on my iPhone, after a few unsuccessful guessing, the 1Password app now requires me to wait 15 min before allowing me to re-input the 4-digit pass code. What can I do now ?

If I delete the 1Password app on my iPhone, does it means my 1Password data file on the iPhone will be deleted at the same time ?

If I then re-install the 1Password app into my iPhone, will it allows me to reset a new 4 digits pass code and a new master password to open the 1Password.agilekeychain (after re-sync via Dropbox) ?

Thanks.

Henry

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2010
    Hi Henry,

I'm really sorry to hear you've forgotten your 1Password unlock code for your iPhone.

Your 1Password unlock code is known only by you, and we cannot reset it for you; if we could, that would be a security hole that criminals could use to steal your data. If you cannot remember the unlock code, you will need to delete the app from your device and start over by reinstalling the version of 1Password you purchased.

When you reinstall you will be asked to setup a new unlock code and master password, of course we'd suggest making these something you can remember but at the same time something that others couldn't easily guess.

If you start over you will lose the data stored within the 1Password, but as you've been using Dropbox to sync your data with 1Password for Mac you just need to set up Dropbox syncing again in the reinstalled app, and your data will start syncing to your iPhone automatically. Please see this guide for instructions on how to set this up if you need any assistance:

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/cloud_syncing_with_dropbox.html

Please note that you don't have to re-purchase 1Password in order to reinstall the app, providing you're still using the same iTunes account that you used to purchase the app originally, then you will be able to re-download the current version for free. Unfortunately, it won't look like it's free until you choose to "buy" it and enter your password. You don't have to take our word for it though. Here is Apple's official support document:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Hope that helps,

[quote name='hkg2003' timestamp='1289939684' post='15270']

Dear Sir

I have been using the 1Password for Mac and sync the 1Password.agilekeychain via Drop box with my iPhone successfully. However, I now forget the 4-digit pass code on the 1Password app on my iPhone, after a few unsuccessful guessing, the 1Password app now requires me to wait 15 min before allowing me to re-input the 4-digit pass code. What can I do now ?

If I delete the 1Password app on my iPhone, does it means my 1Password data file on the iPhone will be deleted at the same time ?

If I then re-install the 1Password app into my iPhone, will it allows me to reset a new 4 digits pass code and a new master password to open the 1Password.agilekeychain (after re-sync via Dropbox) ?

Thanks.

Henry

[/quote]