This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password not showing in context menu

gwnc59a
gwnc59a Junior Member
edited November 2010 in Mac
<div class="IPBDescription">(right- or ctrl-click menu)</div>Until recently, when it came time to sign-in using 1Password, I left clicked my mouse and got a list of options (such as cut, copy, paste, speech, etc.). At the end of of this list would be 1Password. I would click on it and it would sign me in -provided that it was not a new sight. Recently, whrn I left click, the 1 Password option has disappeared. In order to use 1Password, I have to open the program, find the particular password, copy it, and then use it. This is at least 4 times as difficult as before. How can I fix this?

Thanks for any help I get.

Comments

• [quote name='gwnc59a' timestamp='1290347605' post='15588']

Until recently, when it came time to sign-in using 1Password, I left clicked my mouse and got a list of options (such as cut, copy, paste, speech, etc.). At the end of of this list would be 1Password. I would click on it and it would sign me in -provided that it was not a new sight. Recently, whrn I left click, the 1 Password option has disappeared. In order to use 1Password, I have to open the program, find the particular password, copy it, and then use it. This is at least 4 times as difficult as before. How can I fix this?

Thanks for any help I get.

[/quote]

Hi gwnc59a,

I'm really sorry for the trouble here, could you tell me which version of 1Password you're using (1Password > About 1Password) and which browser and version?

Thanks,
  • gwnc59a
    gwnc59a Junior Member
    [quote name='stu' timestamp='1290356005' post='15592']

Hi gwnc59a,

I'm really sorry for the trouble here, could you tell me which version of 1Password you're using (1Password > About 1Password) and which browser and version?

Thanks,

[/quote]

[size="3"][font="Comic Sans MS"]I am using Version 3.5.1.BETA-2 (build 30798) I am using Safari Version 5.0.3 (6533.19.4).[/font][/size]
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Are you seeing the 1P button in Safari's toolbar? If so, please ensure that "Show in shortcut/context menu" is checked (Preferences > Browsers). If not, please also check the box for Safari on that same preference pane.

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • danco
    danco Senior Member
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1290410433' post='15648']

Are you seeing the 1P button in Safari's toolbar? If so, please ensure that "Show in shortcut/context menu" is checked (Preferences > Browsers). If not, please also check the box for Safari on that same preference pane.

[/quote]

khad, this sounds like the issue you mentioned in another thread that you had for a while, and that I currently have (but it doesn't bother me, as I don't use that item). That is, there should be a 1PW entry at the bottom of the Edit menu, but it's not appearing.
  • khad
    danco, I think it is a reference to the context menu — "At the end of of this list would be 1Password." — rather than the Edit menu up at the top of the screen.

[img]http://f.cl.ly/items/3R2z3H142u0W1j3S0C19/Screen%20shot%202010-11-22%20at%2012.44.11%20PM.png[/img]

Are you also having issues with your context (right-click) menu? I'd love to see a screenshot of what you are [not] seeing. Thanks!
  • danco
    danco Senior Member
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1290458813' post='15676']

danco, I think it is a reference to the context menu — "At the end of of this list would be 1Password." — rather than the Edit menu up at the top of the screen.

Are you also having issues with your context (right-click) menu? I'd love to see a screenshot of what you are [not] seeing. Thanks!

[/quote]

I think you are correct. I got confused because the original post referred to left-clicking, whereas contextual menu is right-click (or left-click and hold).

No, I had trouble with the 1PW contextual menu and identities as mentioned in another thread, but everything else was fine.
  • jeffchr
    edited January 2011
    I also have this problem, in both Safari 5.0.3 and FF 3.6.13. Until recently, the 1Password option was included in the context menu, but now it is not. In fact, in FF, after I restart the app, I see the 1Password option in the context menu for a moment and then it *disappears* from the menu once I try to select it. All subsequent opening of the context menu do not show the 1Password option at all.

Note that both browsers do have the 1Password option in the menu options (Edit for Safari and View for FF), and the keyboard shortcut does work. However, my normal mode of use is the context menu (especially useful when selecting from multiple accounts for the same site), which is no longer available.

FWIW, I have 1Password 3.5.3 installed and use OS 10.5.8.
  • khad
    Welcome to the forums, jeffchr.

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please quit your web browser(s) and then:

1. Open 1Password

2. Open 1Password's Preferences to the Browsers pane

3. Click the "Remove All Extensions" button

4. Click the "Install All Extensions" button

Also, could you confirm for me that you have enabled "Show in shortcut/context menu" (Preferences > Browsers)?

Thanks!