This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Newbie problems

Just downloaded the 1Password on to my Nexus One with 2.2.1 OS

I am a bit un-clear as to how to proceed. Do I first need to set up an online account on my Windows PC?

Maybe a separate 'step by step' for beginners would be useful.

Thanks!

Comments

• [quote name='bukzin' timestamp='1290529782' post='15723']

I am a bit un-clear as to how to proceed. Do I first need to set up an online account on my Windows PC?

Thanks!

[/quote]

The online FAQ has the step by step instructions for using dropbox or using manual file transfer. I'm thinking of using WiFi File Pro to move my files back and forth (instead of using dropbox)
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi bukzin,

First of all, welcome to the forum and thank you for the interest in 1P4A !

As I first step, I strongly recommend you to read a 1P4A help (Menu->Help).

In this carefully written help file I tried to explain all questions which

potential users may have and provided screenshots for the application walkthrough.

I just want to notice that in its current version, 1P for Android is designed as a 1Password Data Reader and works in conjunction with

1P for Mac/PC and not as a stand-alone application. It works as a vault providing the functionality to store/review

the data on Android phone and synchronize the phone with Mac/PC through Dropbox Server.

Therefore, 1P4A requires 1Password application installed on your PC or Mac first.(1Password for Mac or PC can be easily downloaded from Agile website www.agilewebsolutions.com).

Once you have 1Password running on your PC/Mac, you can create all your secure data here. Next, you may move the 1Password data file with all your secure information to the

Android phone (through USB port or doing wireless synchronization through Dropbox and see all your private data on the phone.

Please carefully review 1P4A help and give the application a try.

If you have more questions, please forward them to me on android-support@agile.ws, I will be glad to

assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='bukzin' timestamp='1290529782' post='15723']

Thanks!

[/quote]