This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Programmatic access to 1password

I work for a small firm, we have a number of online accounts that several employees need access to. We keep all the passwords in a secure central repository but users often store these passwords in 1password as well for easier logins etc. I'd like to be able to rotate our passwords on a regular basis but obviously that would cause difficulties for the users that have the passwords stored in 1password. They'd have to realize the password had been changed and manually look them up and update them. Dropbox syncing would seem a possible solution but there is no way to sync a subset of the keychain.

Is there a way to access 1password programmatically, presumably through 1passwordagent or something. I assume the various browser extensions do something like this. An attempt to look at the chrome extension source proved futile as the js is obfuscated.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited November 2010
    Hi outerim,

Welcome to the forums!

Have you considered creating a 1Password Interchange File you can share with users?

[code]File > Export Selected > 1Password Interchange File…[/code]

I have attached a sample Dropbox Login item as an example. You can also do this with any item type.

Please let me know. Thanks!