This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Low (4-Digit Code)?

When I add a item under Vault>Software at the bottom it lets you pick High (Master Password) or Low (4-Digit Code)

Why is it letting you select that? I don't recall setting up a 4 digit code for anything.

Is there some way to access the info on that item without entering the password to unlock 1password?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited November 2010
    [quote name='ApplianceJunk' timestamp='1290614625' post='15839']

When I add a item under Vault>Software at the bottom it lets you pick High (Master Password) or Low (4-Digit Code)

Why is it letting you select that? I don't recall setting up a 4 digit code for anything.

Is there some way to access the info on that item without entering the password to unlock 1password?

[/quote]

4 digit is only on iphone etc meaning you dont have to enter the password to see it, just enter the code and you can access the info

high is the default meaning you always have to enter the password to see it. (again on the iphone)

[url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/getting_started.html"]http://help.agile.ws...ng_started.html[/url]

[quote]Unlike the Mac version of 1Password, the iPhone/iPod touch application will be constantly closed and opened throughout the day. Not only is the device turned off frequently (i.e. placed in your pocket) but only one application can run at a time, so 1Password will be constantly closed and opened as you multitask.

Because of this unique usage pattern we did not want to require a Master Password every time 1Password was opened. Since you will often be accessing “less important” login details like Forum logins, Digg accounts, etc, we use an Access Code to open 1Password. The Access Code is a 4 digit number that allows you to quickly open 1Password without entering your full Master Password. Since the Access Code is short and only contains digits it can be entered very quickly, but as a consequence items protected only by the Access Code are not as secure as items that are also protected with a longer Master Password.

For items that require a higher level of security, such as bank accounts, a real password is needed to keep your data safe and secure. These types of accounts are used less frequently, but are more important, so we require a full Master Password to unlock them.

You can enable the “high security” option on each of your 1Password items to protected them with your Master Password. The choice is yours.[/quote]
  • Is it possible to force Low Security as the default for new cards? I never use High Security, and it's a pain to go back and change them all individually, or not catch it on creation of a new card. You indicate it's a "choice" here, but I don't see that I have a choice as to the default state.

Thanks.
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    [quote name='Scrittore' timestamp='1295977407' post='19475']

Is it possible to force Low Security as the default for new cards? I never use High Security, and it's a pain to go back and change them all individually, or not catch it on creation of a new card. You indicate it's a "choice" here, but I don't see that I have a choice as to the default state.

Thanks.

[/quote]

Currently its defaulted to high, the decision to down grade the protection has to be an end user decision on a individual basis for each item.

The choice is just what you mentioned... a conscious decision on your part to change the level to low. AFAIK There is no way to set all new items to low.