This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Agile server not responding

I have been trying to reach the Agile website now for a couple of days but I am constantly told that the server is not responding. I am in the UK and not having any problems reaching other domains. Is this network issue something that Agile is aware of?

Comments

• [quote name='ashleyk' timestamp='1290686095' post='15919']

I have been trying to reach the Agile website now for a couple of days but I am constantly told that the server is not responding. I am in the UK and not having any problems reaching other domains. Is this network issue something that Agile is aware of?

[/quote]

Hi ashleyk,

I'm in the UK myself, on o2 / Be broadband, and while we've been having been having some server issues over the last few days the site should be available over now. If not, which ISP are you wish, I know we had some issues earlier this year with certain European ISPs and DNS issues.

Thanks,
  • [quote name='stu' timestamp='1290692330' post='15928']

Hi ashleyk,

I'm in the UK myself, on o2 / Be broadband, and while we've been having been having some server issues over the last few days the site should be available over now. If not, which ISP are you wish, I know we had some issues earlier this year with certain European ISPs and DNS issues.

Thanks,

[/quote]

Hi Stu,

Right at the moment it's working fine, having cleared not long after I wrote my first post but for the last 2 days it has been predominantly unreachable with constant timeouts. Very occasionally I have managed to reach a page but it would take several minutes. My ISP is Xilo.net using their 24mbps pro package. Curiously I had no problems reaching this forum, so I don't know if there is some difference there. I was unable to send in a support email to let you know because the contact page wouldn't load. Eventually I decided to try the forum.

Thanks

Ashley
  • Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you can get to the site for now.

The forums and several other Agile systems are all on separate servers to the main website, which means the forums should always be up even if the main site is down. Also, just so you know, you can always e-mail us at support [at] agile [dot] ws and we'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks again, and how's Xilo.net, I've heard good things about them, I'm getting about 11mbps with o2 here, and it's incredibly stable, but I'd love more speed, particularly for the upload side of things.

[quote name='ashleyk' timestamp='1290692728' post='15929']

Hi Stu,

Right at the moment it's working fine, having cleared not long after I wrote my first post but for the last 2 days it has been predominantly unreachable with constant timeouts. Very occasionally I have managed to reach a page but it would take several minutes. My ISP is Xilo.net using their 24mbps pro package. Curiously I had no problems reaching this forum, so I don't know if there is some difference there. I was unable to send in a support email to let you know because the contact page wouldn't load. Eventually I decided to try the forum.

Thanks

Ashley

[/quote]
  • ashleyk
    edited November 2010
    [quote name='stu' timestamp='1290695275' post='15931']

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear you can get to the site for now.

The forums and several other Agile systems are all on separate servers to the main website, which means the forums should always be up even if the main site is down. Also, just so you know, you can always e-mail us at support [at] agile [dot] ws and we'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks again, and how's Xilo.net, I've heard good things about them, I'm getting about 11mbps with o2 here, and it's incredibly stable, but I'd love more speed, particularly for the upload side of things.

[/quote]

Thanks for the update. I'll take note of the email address. Xilo.net have been brilliant since I started with them around 9 months ago and I can't remember more than 5 minutes of problems during that whole period. I am seeing speeds of around 16mbps compared to before when I was lucky to see 4mbps. Over the last 5 years I have gone through 6 other ISPs including Zen and others that are considered among the better options, but the one factor binding all of them together has been a BT managed line and they all suffered from frequent slow downs or dropouts. The line I have now is unbundled and all my problems stopped instantly after the changeover.

DNS issues can be fiddly and it's worth setting up alternative IP numbers if blocks are occurring. Sometimes there is nothing you can do though.