This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Update * Airport Extreme

convention
convention Junior Member
edited November 2010 in Mac
<div class="IPBDescription">Add fields for latest device</div>The 1P Airport Extreme account template seems to better match Apple's N-1 version of the device rather than current version.

The current device adds the the ability to create a wireless network for guests. You can name it, assign it various security types and enable a password.

Unfortunately, the 1P template only provides such fields for the primary wireless network.

Can I add the missing fields on the template myself or can this only be done by 1P staff via a software update? And yes, I know I can add whatever I like in the freeform notes field, but I'm looking for something a little more finished than that allows (like with the copy and password generation features).

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for asking, convention.

We are looking forward to including custom templates in a future release.

In the meantime, consider creating two AirPort Extreme items: one for each network. You can omit the the administration information from the item containing the guest network information or simply duplicate the main item (Edit > Duplicate) and edit the "Network Name," "Wireless Security," and "Wireless Network Password" fields.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer right now, but I hope that helps.