This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

BUG: Generated Passwords Control Moves & Refreshes Without Request

gabrielu
gabrielu Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I was creating a Generated Password like I normally do with the following steps:

[LIST=1]

[*]Click + within Generated Passwords section

[*]Copy auto-generated password

[*]Enter password into website or other app

[*]Go back to 1Password and enter details (Title, Where)

[*]Click Save

[/LIST]

The problem I noticed is that 1Password is now generating a new password every time the 1Password window regains focus. The problem with this is that the password that was originally generated for me and I used for a website was not the password that 1Password saved.

I thought I was going crazy when my stored password wasn't working and luckily the original password had parts that I remembered and I noticed that it didn't match the current 1Password stored password. So I decided to retry it and recorded the BUG which now also moves the box in which the password is displayed every time I click back to the 1Password window.

[video=youtube;FKfPqIYTnDU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKfPqIYTnDU[/video]

I'm currently running 1Password 3.1.3 (build 30645) on Mac OS X 10.6.3

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Hopefully our developers won't get seasick or have convulsions watching your video... you had me convinced at about 30 seconds! :)

I'll make sure they take a look at this and see what can be done to change the behavior. Thanks for the report!
  • gabrielu
    gabrielu Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    :) sorry, I wanted to make sure the movement of the text field was obvious.
  • chadseld
    chadseld 1Password Developer
    edited December 1969
    This will be fixed in the next beta. Thanks!
  • gabrielu
    gabrielu Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Awesome! Looking forward to it. 1Password was actually the first app I felt was worth buying for the Mac. It's a GREAT app. Thank you guys for making it. (y)
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Thank you, gabrielu!
  • Edwin
    Edwin Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I've noticed the same bug as gabrielu, plus one other problem.

Click Logins on the left menu

Go to File, New Item, New Login

Click the Generate button to open the password generator window

A password is generated and displayed as expected

As gabrielu noticed, if you now switch to another application and then back to 1Password your generated password is replaced with a new one

Click Save to associate the new password with the login entry

BUG: the password is not saved with the login entry - the password for this new login entry remains blank and your generated password has disappeared

Are you aware of this bug? Could this be fixed in the next version please?

Thanks
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Edwin']BUG: the password is not saved with the login entry - the password for this new login entry remains blank and your generated password has disappeared[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the report, Edwin, and sorry for the trouble. The problem with generated passwords not being saved is a bug in 3.1.3. It has been fixed in the latest beta. Please either downgrade to 3.1.2 or upgrade to the latest beta to resolve this issue. To install the beta, click 1Password > Preferences > Updates, enable the option to include beta versions, and click the Check Now button.
  • Bissy
    Bissy Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Good app, but I prefer ProteMac LoginTrap, it can also spy who tries to use your login and password))

:lol:
  • gabrielu
    gabrielu Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Bissy']Good app, but I prefer ProteMac LoginTrap, it can also spy who tries to use your login and password))

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Those are completely different apps. You can't compare the two. LoginTrap just logs failed login attempts on your machine. 1Password is a password manager. That LoginTrap website and app have nothing on 1Password (Agile Web Solutions).

As for a "real" solution on spying with your mac just look into [URL="http://www.evological.com/evocam.html"]EvoCam[/URL]. EvoCam has a ton of features and is the same price as LoginTrap.

You took this thread off topic. You couldn't possibly have ever really used 1Password to reply like that.

[B]1Password is "THE BEST Mac Password Manager"![/B]

and I'm in no way associated with 1Password or Agile Web Solutions.