This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

autologin not working completely

Trying out 1Password's autologin feature and i find it doesn't completely work on American Airlines web site. I am using a Nexus One phone.

URL: https://mobile.aa.com/mt/www.aa.com/login/loginAccess.do

The autologin goes to that web site, but only fills in the password, not the username. I tried adding "AAdvantage Number" as a named text field with the destination of username, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi Honolulu,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I tested Autologin feature thoroughly on my Nexus 1 on more than 110 pages including pages of most US/Can/Europe major banks and insurance companies.

Everything worked well but, of course, there is no way to guarantee that each and every page on the internet will be handled properly.

(so far none of users complained on autologin feature although some mentioned that it takes up to 2-3 seconds on some pages for the application

to fill username and password, which, of course, depends on phone's hardware capabilities and searched page complexity).

Notice that 1P4A uses exactly the same complex JScript to search the page and find and fill required fields on the form as 1P4iOS.

I think autofill works correctly in >98% of all cases.(I am currently reviewing couple of other Android applications with similar functionality,

they miss autofill on very many pages).

I will thoroughly review the link you've sent to me (https://mobile.aa.com/mt/www.aa.com/login/loginAccess.do) and try to address the issue.

Best regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='Honolulu' timestamp='1291496254' post='16952']

Trying out 1Password's autologin feature and i find it doesn't completely work on American Airlines web site. I am using a Nexus One phone.

URL: https://mobile.aa.com/mt/www.aa.com/login/loginAccess.do

The autologin goes to that web site, but only fills in the password, not the username. I tried adding "AAdvantage Number" as a named text field with the destination of username, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

[/quote]
  • Hi Gene

I think I found the reason: the AA site displays the "username" variable as "AAdvantage Number" but after looking at their code I see it is actually referenced as: "aadvantageNumber". When I use that as the variable name then 1Password works fine.

Thanks for a great app, it is just what the Android needs. Much better, IMHO, than the built-in Bookmarks app.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited December 2010
    Hi Honolulu,

I was just about to send you some additional info when I saw your posting.

I was able to reproduce the issue you've described easily on my Nexus 1.

Below is what I did in order to fix this particular page:

I went to the 1P4Mac and edited this Login item (I already created it for the testing purposes ): I changed the name of the first field to be "aadvantageNumber" instead of "username".

Next, I saved the login, recynced my phone with Mac and updated the login item.

Now autologin finds both fields easily and fills them in less then a second.

Please let me know if you find this info helpful.

Thank you

Regards,

Gene

PS. BTW, we are also thinking about adding bookmarking capabilities to 1P4A in future releases (possibly for credit card autofill)

[quote name='Honolulu' timestamp='1291657389' post='17013']

Hi Gene

I think I found the reason: the AA site displays the "username" variable as "AAdvantage Number" but after looking at their code I see it is actually referenced as: "aadvantageNumber". When I use that as the variable name then 1Password works fine.

Thanks for a great app, it is just what the Android needs. Much better, IMHO, than the built-in Bookmarks app.

[/quote]