This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Adding or editing

I might be missing it, but is there a way to adding new passwords and/or edit them on your android phone? I love 1password and missed it when I switched from an iphone to my droid x. I can't find a way to add new passwords on the phone.

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi roadrunner562,

First of all,welcome to the 1P4A Forum and thank you for the interest in 1P4A !

in its current version, 1P for Android is designed as a 1Password Data Reader and works in conjunction with

1P for Mac/PC and not as a stand-alone application. It works as a vault providing the functionality to store/review

the data on Android phone and synchronize the phone with Mac/PC through Dropbox Server.

In this beta version of 1P4A, the application is read-only.If you want to modify/add/delete any data, you need to do it on your PC/Mac first and then

sync it with your Android phone. New data will be picked up during synchronization and reflected on your phone.

I completely agree with you that making 1P4A a fully functional application allowing creating/editing data and synchronizing changes with computer in both directions is the next logical step.

In the same time,keep in mind that 1Password for Android is only one of the products being built by Agile Inc.

Future development plans, time frame and schedules depend on our company's goals and directions as a business organization, product marketability,

user community acceptance, cost consideration and other critical factors.

We will definitely keep you and all 1P4A customers updated on any future plans, so please stay tuned.

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='roadrunner562' timestamp='1291624067' post='16995']

I might be missing it, but is there a way to adding new passwords and/or edit them on your android phone? I love 1password and missed it when I switched from an iphone to my droid x. I can't find a way to add new passwords on the phone.

[/quote]
  • I am very impressed with 1Password for Windows, and am willing to buy once I know that there are plans for the Android version to allow adding and editing. I live off the phone. I am willing to be a beta tester. Can you shed any light on future plans and timelines? Thank you.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited January 2011
    Hi David,

At this current time, I am not able to provide your with detailed timeline regarding 1Password for Android's future.

The application will definitely be developed further but all of the factors I've already mentioned should be taken into consideration.

Of course, I will be glad to hear your suggestions about the new features and other things on how to enchance 1Password for Android.

Folder support will be added pretty soon to the application as well as a compliance with enhanced security regulations.

As to making 1Password for Android a stand-alone application this is a thing of the future (hope not very remote).

Best regards,

Gene

[quote name='DavidS' timestamp='1296323872' post='19716']

I am very impressed with 1Password for Windows, and am willing to buy once I know that there are plans for the Android version to allow adding and editing. I live off the phone. I am willing to be a beta tester. Can you shed any light on future plans and timelines? Thank you.

[/quote]