This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Support for random fieldnames

Hi agile-team,

first of all I want to thank you for making my life a bit safer ;-)

I cannot imagegine how all my passwords would look without your 1Password. Thanks for this.

Now I have a feature request:

a few weeks ago my bank has changed the login mechanism for their website. They now don´t have fixed names for login and pin fields anymore, now they have random fieldnames, hooked on the session (I think so).

I think its a very good choice to secure the login, but: 1Password can´t handle this.

The html-coe for the login looks like this:

[code]

<form onsubmit="javascript:if(this.id == null || this.id =='') {this.id='1';return true;} else {window.alert('submitted already');return false;};" autocomplete="off" accept-charset="ISO-8859-1" method="post" class="tx_anmelden" action=" jsp file here ">

<fieldset>

<input type="text" value="" class="loginfeld invisible" maxlength="16" size="10" name="fuFWfZMNfMjAJyUX" id="fuFWfZMNfMjAJyUX">

<label class="kontonummer_label">Login or
Legitimations-ID:</label>

<input type="text" value="" class="loginfeld" maxlength="16" size="10" name="wrlfNfqqNhWffzJm" id="wrlfNfqqNhWffzJm">

<input type="text" value="" class="loginfeld invisible" maxlength="16" size="10" name="CGdVSVULAewkuXPa" id="CGdVSVULAewkuXPa">

<input type="text" value="" class="loginfeld invisible" maxlength="16" size="10" name="bNooJCSRJZqVowir" id="bNooJCSRJZqVowir">

<input type="password" value="" class="invisible" maxlength="5" size="10" name="UyTFyJRhwXKirhms" id="UyTFyJRhwXKirhms">

<label class="pin_label">PIN:</label>
<input type="password" class="loginfeld" accesskey="L" maxlength="5" size="10" name="iOoETsuuZnhnMUnw" id="iOoETsuuZnhnMUnw">

<input type="password" value="" class="invisible" maxlength="5" size="10" name="DsByVSynNiBnUKxR" id="DsByVSynNiBnUKxR">

<input type="password" value="" class="invisible" maxlength="5" size="10" name="NRpWzgrPwnuUTXxF" id="NRpWzgrPwnuUTXxF">

<input type="image" src="./path/to/image/if5_anmelden.png" id="anmeldebutton" name="anmeldebutton" alt="secure login" title="login">

</fieldset>

</form>

[/code]

I have translated/renamed some elements into english language and removed some path information.

I thought of a possibility to define the input fields not only by name, but by parameters like "class" and "type".

For this case I would define the login

login: input=text, class=loginfeld

password: input=password, class=loginfeld

Another idea is some kind of a guide, where I have to select the fields the login data should be filled in.

1st step: Message: "click to select the login field" => I click => 1Password fills the field with the login

2nd step: Message: "click to select the password field" => I click => 1Password fills the field with the password

then I have to submit the form manually, but thats no problem for all of us

I hope you understand what I mean. Do you think this is possible? Of course without any time frame ;-)

If you have any questions, contact me.

Regards

Ulf

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, Ulf! Thanks for this suggestion. This has come up from time to time, and a little AI magic might do the trick. We'll look into this for a future release.