This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Console Error for 1PasswordAgent

teacher24_70
teacher24_70 Junior Member
I currently use 1Password on 2 macs, my iPhone, and my iPad--everything syncs through Dropbox.

I've noticed lately that in my Mac Mini console, I'm getting a ton of errors from the 1PasswordAgent. It says

"12/11/10 10:47:06 PM 1PasswordAgent[324] Failed to create directory '/Users/michelleyork/Library/Application Support/1Password/Backups': Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 UserInfo=0x10187cf60 "You don’t have permission to save the file “michelleyork” in the folder “Users”." Underlying Error=(Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=13 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Permission denied")

&

12/11/10 10:52:06 PM 1PasswordAgent[324] Error reported during backup of 1Password data file: Did not receive any output from running the script:

/usr/bin/tar -chzf "/Users/michelleyork/Library/Application Support/1Password/Backups/1Password 2010-12-11 225206 (430 items).agilekeychain_backup.partial" --exclude "_lock_" --directory "/Users/michelleyork 1/Dropbox/Personal Data" "1Password.agilekeychain"

tar: Failed to open '/Users/michelleyork/Library/Application Support/1Password/Backups/1Password 2010-12-11 225206 (430 items).agilekeychain_backup.partial': No such file or directory

These errors are repeated multiple times throughout the console.

---

On my Macbook, I'm getting a different sort of error. It says (over and over and over--multiple times a minute:

"12/5/10 11:29:25 PM 1PasswordAgent[231] Ignoring Agile Keychain file: /Users/michelleyork/Dropbox/Personal Data/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/E1358CE19DD7476D9C18A48D6C8FFC95 (Michelle York’s iPhone's conflicted copy 2010-12-05).1password"

So what does this mean for each machine? I'm getting the first 2 errors on the Mac Mini and the 3rd error on the Macbook. What causes these errors and what are the side-effects of them?

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='teacher24_70' timestamp='1292130215' post='17399']

I've noticed lately that in my Mac Mini console, I'm getting a ton of errors from the 1PasswordAgent. It says

[code]

12/11/10 10:47:06 PM 1PasswordAgent[324] Failed to create directory '/Users/michelleyork/Library/Application Support/1Password/Backups': Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 UserInfo=0x10187cf60 "You don’t have permission to save the file “michelleyork” in the folder “Users”." Underlying Error=(Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=13 "The operation couldn’t be completed. Permission denied")

[/code]

[/quote]

This error and the related one do signal a problem that needs to be addressed, as it means that the automatic backups that 1Password tries to make of your data aren't being made successfully.

The first thing to do is click on [i]Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions ...[/i] in 1Password's menubar. But I suspect that more is needed.

Have you, at some point, copied your 1Password set up from one user name on your system to another? It looks like 1Password is trying to put its backups into a different user's area.

You may be able to fix this by going to [i]1Password > Preferences > Backup[/i] and changing the location of the "Backup Folder". The default location should be

Users > YOUR-SHORT-USERNAME-HERE > Library > Application Support > 1Password > Backups

Please make sure that the "YOUR-SHORT-USERNAME-HERE" part is your current username.

In any case, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password on your Mac by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then attach the report to an email to support@agile.ws.

Please be sure to put in a link in that email message to this forum discussion so that we can connect the dots.

[quote]On my Macbook, I'm getting a different sort of error. It says (over and over and over--multiple times a minute:

[code]12/5/10 11:29:25 PM 1PasswordAgent[231] Ignoring Agile Keychain file: /Users/michelleyork/Dropbox/Personal Data/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/E1358CE19DD7476D9C18A48D6C8FFC95 (Michelle York’s iPhone's conflicted copy 2010-12-05).1password[/code]

[/quote]

This one is harmless. But you may wish to run [i]Help > Tools > File and Resolve Sync Conflicts...[/i] which should clear that up.

We do need to get the one about the backups sorted out, but as you are syncing with Dropbox it isn't urgent. Still, do send us that diagnostics report to support@agile.ws so that we can get this properly working for you.

Please also let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Cheers,

-j