This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Setting up Family Pack users

mreed
mreed Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
How do I set up the rest of the family to use 1password?

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    With the 1Password Family license you just install the software on any additional computers, and under each of the OS X accounts, run 1Password and enter in the details (name and key) from your Family license. You can also just share the link you received in your license email from us with the other family members — it will automatically fill in the license data.
  • jerryzurek
    jerryzurek Junior Member
    If I have a Family Pack for my computers, do individuals have to purchase individual apps for their iPhones?
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='jerryzurek' timestamp='1282933349' post='9979']

If I have a Family Pack for my computers, do individuals have to purchase individual apps for their iPhones?

[/quote]

Hi. Yes, the mobile apps are a separate purchase. Since the App Store is a separate entity owned and operated by Apple, we are unable to bundle apps (such as a desktop version and a mobile version) since all the mobile sales have to go thru there. However, if the same iTunes account is used, you will only need to purchase an app for the account, not necessarily for each iPhone. Apple says you can install an app on 5 devices per account. So, you could install 1Password touch on any combination (up to 5) of iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads per account. If each family member has their own iTunes account, then each one would need their own app. Hope that helps.