This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

10810 error due to too many threads

I sometimes get a 10810 error on my mac because i have too many threads open (see http://blog.jovo.me/post/2144688806/10810-error-on-mac-osx). I've found that killing 1password ALWAYS solves this problem, and that typically 1password and its agent have >100 threads, which seems unreasonable to me. I use chrome almost exclusively to browse the web, so perhaps it is the chrome extension. anyway, this seems like a bug to me, so i'd appreciate it being fixed. Note that whenever i kill 1password, i can then re-open it and everything works fine until the number of threads gets too high again.

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    Thanks for the report, jovo, and welcome to the forums!

When this happens the next time, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? This will help us track down the issue more quickly. You can generate the report from 1Password on your Mac by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then sending the report to us at support@agile.ws using Mail.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can 'connect the dots'.

If you are willing to do a little investigation it would help us and possibly other customers too. When you notice this problem occur the next time, please run Apple's Activity Monitor utility (found in /Application/Utilities/). Could you then please take a screenshot so we can see the display where the Thread count is the descending sorted column? You can take a screenshot by pressing Command-Shift-3 (the Command key is also known as the Apple key; press all three keys at the same time) which will take a picture of your screen and save it to your Desktop. You can then attach that to you email as well.

It would also be helpful to know how often this happens on your system.