This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature request: open a new window when vault is opened

selgart
selgart Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
I'd like to have the option to have Knox open a new window when I mount a vault. That was what I expected to happen, and when it didn't I went to the menu and selected the vault again but that *un*mounted it. As a new user you're sort of left to your own devices a bit as there's no Read Me, user guide, or Help menu. I'm sure I'll get used to how it works, but because the menu is so easily accessible it just feels a little wrong to me to perform an open command and have nothing actually open. I realize that technically I'm mounting an image, but the physical action I'm taking is to select something from a list to open it.

Comments

• jsamuelson
    jsamuelson Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    You have this already in Preferences > General.

[IMG]http://img.skitch.com/20100526-fqiwx6x6789y6nmpqirmajbrd1.png[/IMG]

It should possibly be enabled by default.

Also, I agree, the menu item could use a bit more structure so you don't inadvertently unmount vaults.
  • selgart
    selgart Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Ah, you're right. I missed that one. I actually looked at that setting when I first installed Knox but I didn't make the connection at the time, and the wording is a little obscure. I might change it to say something like "Open new Finder window when opening a vault." With the wording plural it sounds like something I don't want to do. The first time I read it I thought it meant all vaults that were ever open, or all vaults that were open at the current moment.

Thanks.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='selgart']Ah, you're right. I missed that one. I actually looked at that setting when I first installed Knox but I didn't make the connection at the time, and the wording is a little obscure. I might change it to say something like "Open new Finder window when opening a vault." With the wording plural it sounds like something I don't want to do. The first time I read it I thought it meant all vaults that were ever open, or all vaults that were open at the current moment.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for bringing up an alternative wording. We're just at the beginnings of looking throughout the product to see what touchups it needs.