This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Just upgraded to version 3 = Lost all my passwords

I just upgraded to version 3 from version 2 and while trying to upgrade it was asking for the agile key or something like that. I had no idea what this file was, or how to find it. The instructions were non existent or difficult for me to find. I spent a solid 15 minutes looking and ripping my hair out.

So I created a new password and the upgrade went through. Problem is, all my passwords are gone.

I really need those passwords as they are the only place I have them for all of my sites. Without them I'M SCREWED!

Freaking out and really need help.

How do I get my old passwords to display properly in version 3?

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 2010
    [quote name='Jason Moffatt' timestamp='1292453440' post='17682']

I just upgraded to version 3 from version 2 and while trying to upgrade it was asking for the agile key or something like that. I had no idea what this file was, or how to find it. The instructions were non existent or difficult for me to find. I spent a solid 15 minutes looking and ripping my hair out.

So I created a new password and the upgrade went through. Problem is, all my passwords are gone.

I really need those passwords as they are the only place I have them for all of my sites. Without them I'M SCREWED!

Freaking out and really need help.

How do I get my old passwords to display properly in version 3?

[/quote]Hi Jason, welcome to the forums!

First, please do not worry, your data is not lost. Before upgrading to 1Password 3, you need to convert your original 1Password 2 keychain into a 1Password 3-compatible keychain, which is known as the Agile Keychain. Your 1Password 2 data is still there, we just need to convert it to 1Password 3 data.

Please read this guide on how to convert the keychain:[indent]

[url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/upgrade_to_agile_keychain.html"]How to convert 1Password 2 Keychain into 1Password 3 Agile Keychain[/url][/indent]

I hope that helps. If you’re still having issues with it, please do email us at [email="support@agile.ws"]support@agile.ws[/email] for more instructions.
  • Thank you Mike. Customer support was blazing fast and I've fixed it.

I purchased a family license.

I have 3 macs with 1password stored on it, but they all seem to have different data on them. I'd like to upgrade the other computers as well, but carrying over the old information from the first computer I just upgraded.

Can you point me to directions to do that?

Thanks again.

Jason
  • Apparently I didn't need the family license as it says...

"A 1Password for Mac single-user license allows you to install and use it on as many Macs as you own. We like to call this our Sane Licensing Model™—there is only one of you, so we think you should need only one license for 1Password for Mac to use it on all your Macs!

If you are not the only person using 1Password for Mac, then you require additional single-user licenses or a family license for 1Password for Mac."

I'm just confused on how to get my other computers dialed in with the new version.
  • No worries. Figured it out.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 2010
    [quote name='Jason Moffatt' timestamp='1292456414' post='17688']

No worries. Figured it out.

[/quote]Hi Jason, I'm glad you were able to figure this out.

Just in case that other people might have the same questions, I would like to leave the answers here:

At the moment we do not have a method to merge two data files, especially if they have duplicate data or are on separate data formats (Mac OS X keychain vs. Agile Keychain). The best way to approach this is to use File > Export All > 1Password Interchange from one data file and then to import this file into the other data file. We hope to have a better method to handle this in the future for 1Password.

One thing that we do need to point out is that 1Password Interchange Format (.1pif) files are not stored encrypted, so it is recommended that after checking that 1Password have all the data intact and the import was successfully, to secure-delete the 1PIF files.

As for the single license vs. family license, you can use the same single user license for all of your computers as long as they are the same platform (Mac license for all Macs, Windows license for all Windows PCs and Bundle License for all Macs and PCs). We do not count toward installations, seats or computers, just humans.