This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Firefox 4 extension

danial.aw
danial.aw Junior Member
Hey just noticed this bug in Firefox 4 plugin (didnt know where to report)

the plugin doesnt seem to work if you run firefox 4 in 32 bit mode only... only seems to work for me in 64 bit

Dan

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='danial.aw' timestamp='1292572177' post='17768']

Hey just noticed this bug in Firefox 4 plugin (didnt know where to report)

the plugin doesnt seem to work if you run firefox 4 in 32 bit mode only... only seems to work for me in 64 bit

Dan

[/quote]Hi Danial,

Please update to the latest version of 1Password (3.5.4). We added a 32-bit extension for Firefox in 1Password 3.5.2 and 1Password will install the Firefox extension depending on what "bit-ness" version 1Password is running in. For an example, if 1Password is running in 64-bit, it'll install a 64-bit extension for Firefox and if you force 1Password to run in 32-bit, it'll install the 32-bit extension for you. You can trick 1Password to install a 32-bit Firefox extension and then switch 1Password back to 64-bit, so that you can still run Firefox in 32-bit. To do this:

1) Quit 1Password and all browsers

2) Open your Applications folder, right click on 1Password to select "Get Info" and check "Run in 32-Bit Mode"

3) Open 1Password, go to 1Password's Menu > Preferences > Browsers and uncheck the box next to Firefox 4, then check it again, so that 1Password will install a 32-bit version.

4) Quit 1Password and then go back to Step 2, uncheck "Run in 32-bit Mode" option and then restart 1Password to have it run in 64-bit

I hope that helps.