This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Odd Welcome...

binaryeric
binaryeric Senior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
Ok, I downloaded Knox.... It is a zip file... that was unexpected. No pretty DMG?

Then I launched it... and it immediately asked me to configure a vault... I haven't even had a chance to look around yet!? This was an unexpected opening.

I cooperated and created a test vault but I didn't understand why the spotlight option was greyed out... seemed weird... but ok whatever.

I never saw any mention of what type of image I was creating... sparse image? sparse bundle?

I saw the 10.4 or 10.5 bit but I had no idea what that really meant... I use Snow Leopard... Isn't 10.5 included in "10.4 or later"?? Shouldn't this say 10.4 or earlier?

I was half way through creating an image and I changed to my browser... I went to option-TAB back to Knox... and I can't. It has no presence as a launched app.

I finished creating the vault and clicked on the menu bar to see the preferences... and saw the bit about being unable to enable spotlight searching unless it is registered... Oh! That would have been nice to know before... or it would actually have been nice to NOT have been forced into creating a vault IMMEDIATELY upon first launch.

Then I ejected the test vault that I created... and the icon is pretty weird. It is square and there is no extension??? This didn't use to be this way... the last time I tried Knox the icon of an ejected vault looked just as cool as the mounted icon.

I'm pretty disappointed to be honest... this doesn't feel like an app that has existed for years... it feels like a near-final beta. I hope that AWS can fix these things soon.

Eric

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Thank you for your feedback, it is really appreciated. We're just getting started with reviewing the first-run experience, installation and everything else. We'll be making improvements and smoothing out the rough edges we see.