This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Can't copy 1Password.html data, what's up?

Gnarlodious
Gnarlodious Junior Member
Discovered that 1Password.html does not allow copying of data, is tht intentional?

Pretty irritating, sort of defeats the purpose of an online repository for logins and passwords. For example, if my password is

YOfwvf8W2IVjeJ

it makes for too much work to transcribe it. Please explain.

Comments

• dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    [quote name='Gnarlodious' timestamp='1292728942' post='17813']

Discovered that 1Password.html does not allow copying of data, is tht intentional?

[/quote]

Sadly this is correct.

There is no standard way for copying data into the clipboard from Javascript so it is pretty hard to add. At one time I hacked a Flash based copy-to-clipboard feature into 1PasswordAnywhere and it worked in some situations but it was rather buggy and it also created other problems.

I'd love to add this feature back but afaict it can only be done reliably in WebKit-based browsers. I might add it just for these browsers but that is certainly not ideal.
  • Gnarlodious
    [quote name='dteare' timestamp='1292775260' post='17828']

it can only be done reliably in WebKit-based browsers. I might add it just for these browsers but that is certainly not ideal.

[/quote]

That would work for me, since I use two Webkit browsers.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    The passwords can definitely be selected and copied via the system's normal methods, though. There is just no button for a one-click copy. Highlight (double-click) and ⌘C to copy.
  • Gnarlodious
    Hmmm... this is odd, copying works in Firefox but not Safari. Wonder why.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Perhaps a [non-1Password] Safari extension? You could try temporarily disabling extensions in Safari to see if it helps.