This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

FEATURE REQUEST: Sort by password

With the recent the recent Gawker/Lifehacker incident it's gotten me thinking about how many places I reuse the same password. I know you can search 1Password for a given password, but it'd be great if I could view a list of all my passwords in 1Password and how many sites are using it.

The easiest way to do this would be to add an option to display passwords in the actual login list, and then you can sort by that column.

A cleaner solution may be to offer another view where you could see a list of passwords and clicking on each entry would then display links to all of the 1Password entries for each account that uses that password.

Comments

• vcassist
    vcassist Junior Member
    [quote name='dmbfan36_23' timestamp='1292819589' post='17882']

With the recent the recent Gawker/Lifehacker incident it's gotten me thinking about how many places I reuse the same password. I know you can search 1Password for a given password, but it'd be great if I could view a list of all my passwords in 1Password and how many sites are using it.

The easiest way to do this would be to add an option to display passwords in the actual login list, and then you can sort by that column.

A cleaner solution may be to offer another view where you could see a list of passwords and clicking on each entry would then display links to all of the 1Password entries for each account that uses that password.

[/quote]

Couldn't agree more; this would be a great feature. Something like a security audit. I can't speak for the rest of us but since switching to 1Password I usually don't recycle passwords. Never recycle when it comes to main email accounts or online banking. Another feature can be a checkbox when generating or manually entering a password to save that will allow or disallow password reuse.

Again, I very much support the idea brought up by in the previous post.

To the Agile team. Keep up the great work. I hope to make it to Macworld this year and thank some of you in person.
  • vcassist, welcome to the forum!

Thanks to you and dmbfan36_23 for the suggestion/request. This may be something we can look into for a future release.

We're continually enhancing 1Password, and it helps us to know what our customers would find useful.
  • Any luck on this? It looks like you can't even search on the password field, so there's no way to find out which sites use the same passwords. A "search all fields" option instead of just the "Include note fields in search" option might be a quick fix.
  • Stefan recently posted in another thread that an option to include passwords in searches [i]will[/i] be included in a future release, dmbfan.

I don't have any information about exactly when, but my guess is soon-ish. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.