This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Master PW not updated via Dropbox??

soundsgoodtome
soundsgoodtome Junior Member
i'm running 1P on 3 macs, an iphone, and an ipad. i recently changed my master PW on my primary computer, and expected that to be reflected on the other devices via dropbox sync. but it seems the master PW has to be reset individually on each device. can that be correct? it seems counterintuitive -- and really threw me for a loop. have i missed something?

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited December 2010
    Since your authentication is saved in the 1Password iOS apps, you need to re-authenticate if you change your 1Password master password in Mac or Windows.

You master password is never "synced" from your data file in Dropbox.
  • Mr. Laser Beam
    edited January 2011
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1292947448' post='17937']

Since your authentication is saved in the 1Password iOS apps, you need to re-authenticate if you change your 1Password master password in Mac or Windows.[/quote]

By "authentication", what do you mean? The master password? 1Password on iOS doesn't save my master password, I have to enter it each time I launch the app (just like on the Mac).
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='Mr. Laser Beam' timestamp='1295076170' post='19028']

By "authentication", what do you mean? The master password? 1Password on iOS doesn't save my master password, I have to enter it each time I launch the app (just like on the Mac).

[/quote]

Khad's referring to the fact that we save the master password for your data file stored in Dropbox to enable automatic syncing. You are correct that 1Password does not allow you to save the master password for 1Password on your iOS device and thus automatically unlock it on launch.

I hope that makes sense.