This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Safari and "display 1password menu"

Hello!

Purchased your program, all happy, but there is one but the "display 1password menu" in Safari after rebooting constantly moving into the left corner, when I drag it into the right.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    [quote name='smmaxim' timestamp='1293263539' post='18081']

Hello!

Purchased your program, all happy, but there is one but the "display 1password menu" in Safari after rebooting constantly moving into the left corner, when I drag it into the right.

[/quote]

I'am seeing this behavior w/ all extensions if you mean dragging past the search box ???
  • [quote name='thightower' timestamp='1293284874' post='18082']

I'am seeing this behavior w/ all extensions if you mean dragging past the search box ???

[/quote]

Thanks Tommy, that's a good place to start, though I'm wondering if that could be the problem as 1Password isn't using a Safari 5 extension, yet (though you know that already).

For smmaxim's benefit, there are a few things you can try to resolve this issue. We're unable to reproduce it ourselves so we don't have a sure-fire solution for you.

First of all please run 1Password and make sure you've got the latest version of 1Password 3 (3.5.3) and click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions. Restart 1Password and then restart Safari.

If that doesn't help, run Safari and click View > Customize Toolbar. Drag the entire default set of buttons to your toolbar, replacing everything. After you've done this, customize the toolbar by dragging the 1P button and placing it where you want it to appear.

One more thing to check, do you have any other Safari plug-ins installed? If so, remove them and 1Password. Add 1Password back and see if the toolbar button stays put when it's the only plug-in installed. If it does, then you can see which of the other plug-ins are affecting 1Password's placement. In recent history, we've seen a conflict with Evernote's Web Clipper. The Evernote team have acknowledged the issue and both they and we have made some progress in fixing the problem, but it continues to affect some people.

Hope that helps, if not please do let us know a bit more detail, it could well be that this is is a Safari issue with toolbar icons being dragged beyond the search box as Tommy mentioned.