This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Keep loosing button in Safari

Mike D.
Mike D. Junior Member
Happy Holidays everyone. I hope this has a simple solution. I have the latest Safari and just upgraded to 1Password 3.5.3, hoping it would fix this. Every time I quit Safari I have to put my 1Password button back in my toolbar when I relaunch. Can't seem to find an answer for this. Anyone have any suggestions.

Take care,

Mike D.

Comments

• [quote name='Mike D.' timestamp='1293401969' post='18131']

Happy Holidays everyone. I hope this has a simple solution. I have the latest Safari and just upgraded to 1Password 3.5.3, hoping it would fix this. Every time I quit Safari I have to put my 1Password button back in my toolbar when I relaunch. Can't seem to find an answer for this. Anyone have any suggestions.

Take care,

Mike D.

[/quote]

Hi Mike,

Happy Holidays to you too! I'm sorry for the continued trouble you're having with the 1Password icon disappearing from your Safari toolbar, the fact that you can put this back easily suggests that it may be something other than the extension itself. There are a few things you can try to resolve this issue. We're unable to reproduce it ourselves so we don't have a sure-fire solution for you.

First of all please run 1Password and make sure you've got the latest version of 1Password 3 (3.5.4.BETA-1) and click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions. Restart 1Password and then restart Safari.

If that doesn't help, run Safari and click View > Customize Toolbar. Drag the entire default set of buttons to your toolbar, replacing everything. After you've done this, customize the toolbar by dragging the 1P button and placing it where you want it to appear.

One more thing to check, do you have any other Safari plug-ins installed? If so, remove them and 1Password. Add 1Password back and see if the toolbar button stays put when it's the only plug-in installed. If it does, then you can see which of the other plug-ins are affecting 1Password's placement. In recent history, we've seen a conflict with Evernote's Web Clipper. The Evernote team have acknowledged the issue and both they and we have made some progress in fixing the problem, but it continues to affect some people.

Hope that helps somewhat,
  • Mike D.
    Mike D. Junior Member
    Fixing the folder permissions seems to have done the trick. Thank you very much.

Mike D.

[quote name='stu' timestamp='1293403754' post='18133']

Hi Mike,

Happy Holidays to you too! I'm sorry for the continued trouble you're having with the 1Password icon disappearing from your Safari toolbar, the fact that you can put this back easily suggests that it may be something other than the extension itself. There are a few things you can try to resolve this issue. We're unable to reproduce it ourselves so we don't have a sure-fire solution for you.

First of all please run 1Password and make sure you've got the latest version of 1Password 3 (3.5.4.BETA-1) and click Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Folder Permissions. Restart 1Password and then restart Safari.

If that doesn't help, run Safari and click View > Customize Toolbar. Drag the entire default set of buttons to your toolbar, replacing everything. After you've done this, customize the toolbar by dragging the 1P button and placing it where you want it to appear.

One more thing to check, do you have any other Safari plug-ins installed? If so, remove them and 1Password. Add 1Password back and see if the toolbar button stays put when it's the only plug-in installed. If it does, then you can see which of the other plug-ins are affecting 1Password's placement. In recent history, we've seen a conflict with Evernote's Web Clipper. The Evernote team have acknowledged the issue and both they and we have made some progress in fixing the problem, but it continues to affect some people.

Hope that helps somewhat,

[/quote]
  • [quote name='Mike D.' timestamp='1293551228' post='18180']

Fixing the folder permissions seems to have done the trick. Thank you very much.

Mike D.

[/quote]

You're very welcome Mike, glad to hear resetting the folder permissions has helped, hopefully that should prevent any future problems.