This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

New entry via mobile phone

Hello,

will it be / is it possible to make entry’s in 1Password on the mobile phone? It was possible on my iPhone, not on my Android phone.

René

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='Rene911' timestamp='1293481350' post='18156']

Hello,

will it be / is it possible to make entry’s in 1Password on the mobile phone? It was possible on my iPhone, not on my Android phone.

René

[/quote]

You are correct that it is not currently possible to create new items in the 1Password for Android beta. Of course, we want to be able to do that eventually, but I don't have a timeframe for when that will be available. Perhaps Gene (the developer) can share more insight.

Thanks for your interest in 1Password for Android!
  • Thanks for the response.

I’m glad to hear that it will be coming eventually. I’m kind of missing it right now.

René
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hi René,

In its current version, 1P for Android is designed as a 1Password Data Reader and works in conjunction with 1P for Mac/PC and not as a stand-alone application.

It works as a vault providing the functionality to store/review the data on Android phone and synchronize the phone with Mac/PC through Dropbox Server.

Therefore, if you want to add a new entry to your list of secure items, you need to create it on your computer and then synchronize your phone with your computer through Dropbox.

Stand-alone version of 1P4A with functionality equal to its 1P4iOS sibling will definitely be released in a future, although schedules are currently not defined.

Release information will be posted on the Agile website once it is available, so please stay tuned.

Happy New Year !

Best Regards,

Gene

Android Developer

[quote name='Rene911' timestamp='1293483240' post='18160']

Thanks for the response.

I’m glad to hear that it will be coming eventually. I’m kind of missing it right now.

René

[/quote]