This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Multiple languages in Identities

I see that some users want the 1Password in other languages. But I really miss the opportunity to have identities in multiple languages at the same time. If I register an identity for netshopping I would like to use it on both english websites as well as my native language. Second best would be to register a separate identity for my other languages, but then I need a standard identity which recognise the item names in other languages. Like "New Item - New Identity - Norwegian".

Is that possible?

Comments

• Hi xisv,

That's a really interesting point, as far as I'm aware the other languages, currently German, French, Russian and Japanese, only change the labels for the Identities within 1Password and not the form-filling logic used to actually fill these on websites, the field names for which are meant to be a web standard so it makes it easier for us to fill your details.

In theory using an English labelled Identity item should fill in fine on a Norwegian site as it would on an English site, providing they're using these afore mentioned web standards for the form itself.

We are looking into translating 1Password into more languages, but again I believe this is only for the actual interface and not any of the logic behind the scenes.

Hope that helps,

[quote name='xisv' timestamp='1293536906' post='18173']

I see that some users want the 1Password in other languages. But I really miss the opportunity to have identities in multiple languages at the same time. If I register an identity for netshopping I would like to use it on both english websites as well as my native language. Second best would be to register a separate identity for my other languages, but then I need a standard identity which recognise the item names in other languages. Like "New Item - New Identity - Norwegian".

Is that possible?

[/quote]