This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

DEVONthink Office & Knox

I used Knox to create a 10 GB max vault for a currently 2 GB DEVONthink Office database. I saw a suggestion regarding placing DEVONthink databases within a folder before encrypting them with Espionage.

I am now wondering if I am risking data integrity by not having my DTPO database within a folder before I placed it within the Knox vault. I would appreciate recommendations from anyone using Knox in this

manner. It is important for the data to be secure, but even more so for the database to function properly.

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='kibbynet' timestamp='1293598392' post='18226']

I used Knox to create a 10 GB max vault for a currently 2 GB DEVONthink Office database. I saw a suggestion regarding placing DEVONthink databases within a folder before encrypting them with Espionage.

I am now wondering if I am risking data integrity by not having my DTPO database within a folder before I placed it within the Knox vault. I would appreciate recommendations from anyone using Knox in this

manner. It is important for the data to be secure, but even more so for the database to function properly.

[/quote]

Hello kibbynet, and welcome to the forums! Espionage works differently than Knox, and there should be no problem storing your database right inside a Knox vault.
  • [quote name='RobYoder' timestamp='1293641837' post='18246']

Hello kibbynet, and welcome to the forums! Espionage works differently than Knox, and there should be no problem storing your database right inside a Knox vault.

[/quote]

Rob, Thanks for the welcome and the advice!
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='kibbynet' timestamp='1293676389' post='18275']

Rob, Thanks for the welcome and the advice!

[/quote]

No problem! If we can be of further help here, just let us know!