This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Why does 1P 3.5.3 say it needs to set up my data file?

Chris1234
Chris1234 Junior Member
edited December 2010 in Mac
Now that I have installed latest 3.5.3, 1P opened my passwords as normal. But it has also given me a splash screen telling me it needs to set up my data file. But my data file is already open...

So why is it asking?

And there's no way to cancel this screen. Do I tell it to find the existing one which it has already found?

see attached png

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 2010
    [quote name='Chris1234' timestamp='1293607946' post='18233']

Now that I have installed latest 3.5.3, 1P opened my passwords as normal. But it has also given me a splash screen telling me it needs to set up my data file. But my data file is already open...

So why is it asking?

And there's no way to cancel this screen. Do I tell it to find the existing one which it has already found?

[size=2][/quote][/size]

That's strange. Can you not close the window with the red close button? If not, try "finding" your data file again. Or, just quit 1Password, relaunch, and see if it comes up again.

I'm sorry for the trouble.
  • Chris1234
    Chris1234 Junior Member
    [quote name='RobYoder' timestamp='1293639729' post='18241']

That's strange. Can you not close the window with the red close button?[/quote]

Yes, I can close the window, but there's no cancel option...

I have now closed it, and 1P continued working normally. Then I quit 1P and then Launched it from within Firefox. And this time it opened without that screen (and also without needing its password, which I guess is correct)

So the problem now seems to have gone away.

Thanks, Chris

ps. But I didn't receive an email notification of your post even though I think I've specified this option correctly...
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='Chris1234' timestamp='1293688258' post='18288']

Yes, I can close the window, but there's no cancel option...

I have now closed it, and 1P continued working normally. Then I quit 1P and then Launched it from within Firefox. And this time it opened without that screen (and also without needing its password, which I guess is correct)

So the problem now seems to have gone away.

[size="2"][/quote][/size]

Well, let us know if it happens again and you can reproduce the steps to make it happen. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

[size="2"][quote name='Chris1234' timestamp='1293688258' post='18288']

ps. But I didn't receive an email notification of your post even though I think I've specified this option correctly...

[/quote]

[/size]

Yeah, I don't know what's going on there. I think the forum is having many issues right now. We'll look into it.