This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

dropbox syncing weirdness

hi,

i just started using 1password a few days ago. everything seems to be going good except some syncing issues.

i have 1password setup with syncing on 2 laptops, 1 home and 1 work. i have installed dropbox and made sure both are up to date versions. only 1 laptop is usually on at any given time. i have followed the syncing instructions with dropbox document.

i have been noticing weird syncing problems once i switch laptops. the 1password db seems to be missing the sync after i un-sleep a laptop. the only way i to make things work is to restart the 1password app and restart dropbox, only then will the complete sync happen. i will usually see the auto-generated password file but not the saved page with login credentials. this is resolvable with the restarts.

any suggestions?

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='anson' timestamp='1293682902' post='18277']

hi,

i just started using 1password a few days ago. everything seems to be going good except some syncing issues.

i have 1password setup with syncing on 2 laptops, 1 home and 1 work. i have installed dropbox and made sure both are up to date versions. only 1 laptop is usually on at any given time. i have followed the syncing instructions with dropbox document.

i have been noticing weird syncing problems once i switch laptops. the 1password db seems to be missing the sync after i un-sleep a laptop. the only way i to make things work is to restart the 1password app and restart dropbox, only then will the complete sync happen. i will usually see the auto-generated password file but not the saved page with login credentials. this is resolvable with the restarts.

any suggestions?

[/quote]

It sounds as though you just need to give Dropbox a little time after you wake up the laptop to connect to its server and download updates. Since Dropbox handles the syncing completely, there is nothing we can do about it if it's not working; but if the computer is asleep, it likely won't start receiving updates until you wake it up. Next time, click the Dropbox icon in the toolbar and see if it says that all files are up-to-date.

Hope that helps!