This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Backup Error

idgoddard
idgoddard Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Failed to create archive</div>When trying to backup 1Password from Preferences - Backup - Backup Now, I get and error message; Problem Performing Backup - Failed to create archive. Note that the Backup file location is an external drive; Volumes > LaCie > backups. I am assuming that this location is selected by CarbonCopyCloner which I use for cloning/backup. Where is the preferred backup location for 1Password on my main drive and how can I select it?

I am worried!!

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited January 2011
    The default backup location within 1Password (Preferences > Backup > Backup Folder) is:

[code]Users > [your_home_folder] > Library > Application Support > 1Password > Backups[/code]

1Password does not support directly backing up to an external drive. Please backup your data file to your system drive (the default location is a good choice) which will then be included in any backup you do to an external drive with Carbon Copy Cloner that includes your home folder.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.