This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

where should Knox be installed?

mwade82
mwade82 Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
sorry if I'm missing something; Knox seems to have installed itself (be running from) my downloads folder. Most software automatically puts itself in the applications folder. Is it OK for me to move the app to my applications folder? thanks

Comments

• selgart
    selgart Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='mwade82']sorry if I'm missing something; Knox seems to have installed itself (be running from) my downloads folder. Most software automatically puts itself in the applications folder. Is it OK for me to move the app to my applications folder? thanks[/QUOTE]

It seems to be just a regular application so you should be able to move it with no problem. Quit Knox, move it to your Applications folder, start it up again. I'd check to make sure your preferences are still set properly just in case.

The current Knox download isn't an installer, it's just a compressed version of the application. When you double-click the download it decompresses the file and leaves you with the original compressed .zip file as well as the application file. Moving it shouldn't present any sort of a problem.
  • mwade82
    mwade82 Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    thanks, seems to have worked great.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for letting us know you're up and running, and welcome to the forums, mwade82!