This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Autolock on Minimize

I am interested in a simple feature, which I haven't found any documentation for, so I wanted to post in the forum in case I missed it somewhere. It would be nice if there was an option to lock 1Password when I minimize it. I store all of my passwords in 1Password because they are all really large and random, so when I change several passwords I tend to be in and out of the application while I'm updating logins. So, it would be nice to be able to cmd-tab to the application unlock it, and then minimize it and have it lock automatically.

Just a thought...

Love the app by the way, I've been using it for years now and it is one of a small group of applications that I use on a regular basis. My favorite features are all related to how easy it is to integrate with Dropbox and the iPhone, very impressive. There aren't many applications that are so easy to use and reliable.

Thanks!

--

Evan

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [size="2"][quote name='Evan' timestamp='1294071650' post='18438']

I am interested in a simple feature, which I haven't found any documentation for, so I wanted to post in the forum in case I missed it somewhere. It would be nice if there was an option to lock 1Password when I minimize it. I store all of my passwords in 1Password because they are all really large and random, so when I change several passwords I tend to be in and out of the application while I'm updating logins. So, it would be nice to be able to cmd-tab to the application unlock it, and then minimize it and have it lock automatically.

[/quote][/size]

[size="2"]

[/size]

[size="2"]Though I can see the value in this, I can't promise that it will get implemented, only because we already have many options in the security preferences and don't want to confuse our users further. Maybe, instead of minimizing 1Password, you can just lock it manually (either by clicking the lock button or by pressing Command-Control-L).[/size]

[size="2"]

[/size]

[size="2"]I'll pass this on to the team since I think it deserves some consideration, but this is also the first time I've heard this request. Thanks for the feedback!

[quote name='Evan' timestamp='1294071650' post='18438']

Love the app by the way, I've been using it for years now and it is one of a small group of applications that I use on a regular basis. My favorite features are all related to how easy it is to integrate with Dropbox and the iPhone, very impressive. There aren't many applications that are so easy to use and reliable.

Thanks!

[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words![/size]