This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Not automatically updating

zamboknee
zamboknee Junior Member
Why would my 1Password NOT be updating my passwords automatically when I change them in the Safari browser?

Could this be related to login information only plugging in the user name and NOT the password? That is, when I use 1Password to login, it only plugs in the username.

Thanks

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [size="2"][quote name='zamboknee' timestamp='1294101192' post='18470']

Why would my 1Password NOT be updating my passwords automatically when I change them in the Safari browser?

Could this be related to login information only plugging in the user name and NOT the password? That is, when I use 1Password to login, it only plugs in the username.

Thanks

[/quote]

Could you let us know which website this is on? Changing your password on a website doesn't change it in 1Password, but it should theoretically cause 1Password to ask you if you want to change your password. We're aware that there are some problems with 1Password's "Update Password" process and hope to fix them in a future update.[/size]
  • Mr. Laser Beam
    edited January 2011
    That happens to me sometimes as well. There's no rhyme or reason to which websites will automatically be updated and which won't. It's frustrating, as I end up changing a password but then 1Password won't remember what it was, and then I have to change it again but force myself to remember to copy the password to the clipboard first!!

Although I just had a thought. Does the 1Password application have to be inactive (i.e. not running) before logins will automatically update?
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='Mr. Laser Beam' timestamp='1294118733' post='18477']

Although I just had a thought. Does the 1Password application have to be inactive (i.e. not running) before logins will automatically update?

[/quote]

No, I think it just depends on the change password form being used. Some of them 1Password detects and some of them it doesn't. This is something we're painfully aware of at the moment.