This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Initial Sync works, but all following sync attemps fail

Yogie.de
edited January 2011 in Mac
Hi,

with SnowLeopard and 1Password installed I can establish a SyncConnection with my iPod touch and 1Password Pro installed.

The initial sync worked great and I do have all my setting on my iPod as I have it on the iMac.

But when changing something in 1Password (no matter if it is on the iMac or iPod) I would expect that the next sync would merge the changes.

I open 1Password on both devices and unlock both. Then I go to the iMac 1Password and go to the sync device settings and hit the sync button and the sync in progress arrows appear and start turning, when they are stopped working and vanished I check my iPod if the changes I made have been submitted to the iPod but they didn't and changes I made on the iPod didn't show up in 1Password on the iMac.

I already paired the devices newly, but this didn't worked either, just the initial sync brings the data to the iPod.

At the desktop 1Password the information about the last sync with the device still has the date of the initial sync saying last synced: 3 days ago....

Any hints? What do I do wrong with it? Do I have wrong expectations?

All parts of the software do have the latest releases...

Cheers & Thanks for helping me out!

Yogie

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [size="2"]Hi, Yogie, and welcome to the forums!

In the sync section of 1Password for Mac, make sure that "Automatically" is selected from the menu at the bottom of the sync screen.

Then quit 1Password on both devices.

Launch and unlock 1Password on your Mac.

Launch and unlock 1Password on your iPod.

If you have automatic syncing enabled, the two should begin to sync soon after the iPod app is launched. You will see a spinner next to your iPod name in 1Password for Mac and a spinner in the status bar at the top of your iPod. Once the automatic sync has completed, check to see if the items have synced correctly.

Please let me know how it turns out.[/size]