This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Make search box always available as you do for Mac version

ezaritov
ezaritov Junior Member
The only reason for me to actually open 1Password is to find some records/notes. All other cases are covered by browser plug-ins auto-fulling feature. This is why windows version of 1Passwords annoys we a lot comparing to Mac version.

In mac version search is made simple and usable - there is always the textbox in right top corner where I can type my keywords right after application start. But in windows version this is different - I need to click on Find button in panel then system shows me Search box and only then I can type my keywords. Guys, this is annoying and frankly I can see no reason why you just not place search box in the same place as you did in Mac version. You've got plenty of room on menu panel. This is not usable, really.

Also, why don't you just use same UI as for Mac? Have list of entities on the left and preview on the right? Windows grid with preview below is ugly and the whole application UI does not look as professional - especially when I always have my Mac version to compare.

Evgeny.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    edited January 2011
    Evgeny, I have good news on both your questions.

You're used to launching 1Password for Mac and immediately typing some characters to filter the listed items.

In 1Password for Windows, you don't need to click the Find tool: just press Ctrl+F, and type some characters to filter the listed items.

As I understand it, there are some differences in the way the toolbar is "rendered" in 1Password for Windows that make permanent display of the search field problematic. We may be able to overcome or circumvent that obstacle in a future version; in the meantime, we hope the extra keystroke isn't too big an imposition.

As for the differences in the overall design of the two products, here's the text of the [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_Windows/diff-1Pwin-1Pmac.html"][i]Why doesn't 1Password for Windows look like 1Password 3 on my Mac?[/i][/url] article in the [i]FAQ[/i] section of the user's guide:

[indent]Work on 1Password for Windows was begun many months ago, when 1Password 3 was still in beta development, and the decision was made to base the design and features of 1Password for Windows on the product that was current at that time, 1Password 2. We've moved way beyond that in features, already, but the look and organization are still closely matched to 1Password 2.

Please be assured that we plan to introduce many of the features and much of the look of 1Password 3 in future releases of 1Password for Windows.

We've already begun that work with the recent addition of an Accounts vault in 1Password for Windows, in which your Account items originally were listed in the Wallet vault.

[/indent]