This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

How can I clean up the "All Fields" section?

Hi - I noticed I have a lot of records where the 1st record in the "All Fields" section is empty and the field names are not populated. I found from a different post that this because the records where not created automatically by 1Password. This is correct as I imported them (some 500 records) from my SplashID application. I understand how to avoid creating further records with these empty fields but how can I get rid of them? I tried deleting them manually and although they appear to be gone they just come back when I revisit the record. This is annoying as the "All Fields" section is shown in the iPod app before any other data.

This leaves me with 2 problems:

1. How do I get rid of the empty fields without having to do this manually for each record?

2. How can I populate the missing field names without having to scan the source of a web site to find the correct names?

What I'm asking for is some sort of maintenance menu within the 1Password application which would allow me to

* remove the initial empty record from "all fields" and

* populate missing field names: could 1Password trawl websites automatically and look for the missing names? or is there a way to force 1Password to save the credentials for an existing web login?

Can this be done?

Cheers

Michael

Comments

• BTW, please find below link to the post I was referring to in my original post. This explains why the "All Fields" sections has the empty records and field names:

[url="http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/2957-strange-behaviour-in-all-fields-section-of-logins/page__p__17261__hl__%2Bempty+%2Bfields__fromsearch__1#entry17261"]Strange behaviour in "All Fields" section of logins[/url]
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    Hello, Michael.

Unfortunately, there is no way to automatically remove all empty fields at this time. I'll pass that idea on to the team.

Regarding your second suggestion, the best way for you to get accurate field names is to simply re-save your logins as you go to different websites. It doesn't have to be a chore that you go through all in one day. Just do it as you go. If a login doesn't work, copy the password and re-save it directly from the website. If the login works, there's no need to get "official" field names. To re-save your login, follow the steps listed under the "Login Fails" section in this help document:

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/login_issues.html

Note: To manually save logins, you must currently be using a supported browser other than Chrome, Rockmelt, etc. (Safari works great) since the Chrome extension does not yet support manually saving logins. This is something we're aware of and plan to change.
  • Thanks Rob - I understand that it the empty fields won't stop 1Password from working and there is no real drawback on my desktop but when I use 1Password on my iPod it shows the URL and then straight away the "All Fields" section, i.e. I see the empty record (for most of my data) followed by username and password data but without showing any labels. That's why I would like to refresh the content to get these missing fields populated. I tried re-saving the login for a few of my records but this turns out to be quite a laborious task. Don't forget I have about 400 records to update. I would therefore appreciate, if you could consider the maintenance feature for a future release.

Cheers

Michael
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='m w' timestamp='1294254026' post='18517']

Thanks Rob - I understand that it the empty fields won't stop 1Password from working and there is no real drawback on my desktop but when I use 1Password on my iPod it shows the URL and then straight away the "All Fields" section, i.e. I see the empty record (for most of my data) followed by username and password data but without showing any labels. That's why I would like to refresh the content to get these missing fields populated. I tried re-saving the login for a few of my records but this turns out to be quite a laborious task. Don't forget I have about 400 records to update. I would therefore appreciate, if you could consider the maintenance feature for a future release.

[size=2][/quote][/size]

Well, it is an interesting idea, but we get so many interesting ideas from users that I can't promise anything, but I will pass the idea along.

Thanks!