This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Problems importing from SplashID

sprynter
edited January 2011 in Mac
I finally decided to make the jump from SplashID to 1Password. I've talked to several people and read many positive reviews. I got the family pack.

I worked for 1.5 hours trying to import my data from SplashID and just could not get anything satisfactory. Problems inlcuded:

- Skipped records

- Missing titles

- Wrong types

In trying to get it to work, I found in the forum about trying the beta version. So I downloaded that one (3.5.4BETA-2 build 30819). Things got better, but not good enough. One of my big problems is with what SplashID calls "Serial Numbers" but 1Password calls "Software". I couldn't get 1Password to recognize titles, but it did bring the entries in as Software. So I tried the generic import where I assign the fields, but I could only import the records as "Logins" or "Notes". Either way, I could not change the type to "Software" (I did read forum posts on why that doesn't work.).

So (at least for now) I'm giving up. I have too many records to manually enter.

...Mike

Comments

• Yup, you've discovered some reasons why I'm still running both SID and 1P. Not worth my time/effort manually finding/fixing all the SID export -> 1P import issues, even if doing it in more manageably sized chunks.
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    Hi, sprynter, and welcome to the forums!

I'm sorry for the trouble. It's true that we have a hard time importing from SplashID. In many cases, it's because the export we get isn't very well notated (especially if you have things like multi-line notes). We would love to correct these problems in the future, but I'm not sure when exactly that will happen. I do apologize for the inconvenience, however. Another forum user has [url="http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/3142-splash-id-vid-importer/page__p__18218__#entry18218"]posted some suggestions and scripts[/url] to help SplashID users, but I haven't been able to get them to work correctly myself.

Thanks for the report and feedback!