This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Cant open keychain file on dropbox

I should be able to view the keychain html file on dropbox from any computer including the iphone right? I don't have 1password anywhere (I purchased both Mac and Win) version. Am I still able to access the file on the iphone?

I have a feeling the issue is with my dropbox synch settings but I wanted to make sure I understood the ability to access my passwords are available when I am not on my machines. That would render the password generator useless for me if that were the case. I am a consultant and typically have various computers/laptops. As well as future devices.

Anyway, appreciate any help in troubleshooting.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    [quote name='New2AllThis' timestamp='1294364364' post='18586']

I should be able to view the keychain html file on dropbox from any computer including the iphone right?

[/quote]

In re: iPhone

Unless I am mistaken 1P anywhere is still not compatable with the dropbox app itself. I cannot open it with it.

Nor will it work with mobile Safari, I was however able to open it using the skyfire browser set to mimic a desktop machine.

I am not sure if there would be any security concerns opening it via mobile browser. Everything is encrypted to and from dropbox.

I will leave this thread open for the developers to comment more on this. As I dont think anyone has looked at the skyfire browser (no reports anyway)

Yes you will be able to access it from any computer.

1Password anywhere is the html file inside the keychain bundle. Just click on 1Password.agilekeychain (it appears as a folder in the dropbox web site), click the html you will be prompted for your master password
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    [quote name='New2AllThis' timestamp='1294364364' post='18586']

I should be able to view the keychain html file on dropbox from any computer including the iphone right? I don't have 1password anywhere (I purchased both Mac and Win) version. Am I still able to access the file on the iphone?

I have a feeling the issue is with my dropbox synch settings but I wanted to make sure I understood the ability to access my passwords are available when I am not on my machines. That would render the password generator useless for me if that were the case. I am a consultant and typically have various computers/laptops. As well as future devices.

Anyway, appreciate any help in troubleshooting.

[/quote]

Tommy is correct that 1PasswordAnywhere itself does not work in Mobile Safari or the Dropbox app itself on the iPhone. If you would like to have your information accessible from your iPhone, check out 1Password for iPhone on the iTunes App Store. Other mobile browsers (for iPhone or otherwise) tend to have the same difficulty viewing the 1Password.html file. If a mobile browser is able to view it, however, there should be no security problems, since your data is still kept encrypted.

On standard computer platforms, however, you may certainly access 1PasswordAnywhere using Safari, Chrome, or Firefox. Internet Explorer is not currently capable of displaying it.

I hope that helps!