This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Upgrade to 1P 3.5.3 crashes Firefox 3.6.12

halduur
halduur Junior Member
Hi all,

My FIreFox refuses to start unless I start in safe mode and uninstall/disable the 1P extension after having upgraded my 1Password to version 3.5.3.

I have tried uninstalling the extension, reinstalling it again but still no dice.

Anyone have a fix?

Best

Patrik

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    Hi, Patrik, and welcome to the forums!

I'm not sure at the moment, but I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks for the report!
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited January 2011
    Hi Patrik,

You may have an old 1Password extension left behind in your Profile that intereferes with the newer extension.

1. Make sure Firefox is not running.

2. Launch 1Password from your /Applications folder

3. Open 1Password's Menu > Preferences > Browsers

4. Press "Remove all extensions"

5. Launch Firefox and click Tools > Add-ons > Extensions. Make sure that 1Password is *not* listed.

6. If 1Password is appearing in the Extensions window, click the Uninstall button on the 1Password extension and quit Firefox.

7. Return to your 1Password window and check the box next to Firefox. There are two versions: 3 and 4. Pick the one that you have installed.

8. Restart Firefox and click Tools > Add-ons > Extensions. Make sure that 1Password is listed.

If that did not work, please email us at support@agile.ws with your diagnostics report. [i][color="#FF0000"]Please do not post your diagnostics report here or upload it anywhere else except for the emali sent to us. [/color]Y[/i]ou can generate the report from 1Password on your Mac by clicking the Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report... menu item and then attach the report to the email to us.