This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

New User Question

Haus
Haus Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
Just installed Knox and created a vault for some files I want encrypted. I copied those files into the vault. I know this is probably a dumb question but the user guide is pretty sparse at the moment: I need to delete the original, unencrypted files and should use OSX Secure Empty Trash, correct? Just a little nervous because they are such important files and I don't want to loose them.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    Yes, use OSX Secure Empty trash to securely delete those files. It'll take a bit of a time to do it, that's normal. Also if you have time machine, you need to delete all files of it in backup as well. Let us know if you need additional help on that as well.

However, please do keep those passwords somewhere, if you forget those passowrds, it will never be recovered and your files in those vaults WILL BE LOST. Your Time machine backups will not help either.
  • Haus
    Haus Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks, wanted to be sure. As for password storage, I use 1Password to store the vault passwords.

Concerning Time Machine, since I do use it for backups, is it possible to delete just the files I have now in a vault from all the Time Machine backups, i.e., without having to delete the entire TM backup file and start over?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Haus']Thanks, wanted to be sure. As for password storage, I use 1Password to store the vault passwords.

Concerning Time Machine, since I do use it for backups, is it possible to delete just the files I have now in a vault from all the Time Machine backups, i.e., without having to delete the entire TM backup file and start over?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2655/leopard_time_machine_delete_files_folders_from_backup/[/url]