This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Accounts vs Logins

austinboi
austinboi Junior Member
Hi all,

long time user here, but only recently started using the auto-generated password feature.

With that, I am noticing that auto-generated passwords are sometimes added to an entry in the accounts-section, as opposed to updating my login for a specific site.

In that regard...what exactly is the difference between a login and an account? Isn't this sort of ambiguous or is there a huge difference I am not aware of?

Keep up the good work!

Comments

• austinboi
    austinboi Junior Member
    As a followup, I just changed my password on twitter.

I auto-generated one, and when I clicked submit, I was asked if I wanted to update the login.

My login was not updated, but an account-entry was created with the new password.

Could this be a bug?
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    That is VERY strange, austinboi. What kind of account was created? We don't have a Twitter template. I have no idea how that could have happened, since logins and passwords are only saved to the Logins vault when using 1Password. Could you maybe send us a screenshot or post it here (without revealing sensitive information) so that we can see the problem?

To answer your original question, the Accounts vault is for digital/computer accounts that aren't necessarily website logins, such as FTP, Instant Messenger, Wi-Fi router, etc. The information stored in the Accounts vault is for your reference only and cannot be filled in the browser. It also should never be updated by the browser, so if it was, there's something wrong.

Please post a screenshot and/or let us know what kind of account was created.

Thanks!