This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: iOS Password Generator

<div class="IPBDescription">Allow longer and more complex passwords to be generated by 1P for iOS</div>I just purchased both the Windows and iPhone/iPad versions of 1Password. I noticed that the auto-generation of passwords on the iPhone only supports 20 (!) characters. I'd like to see this increased to at least 64 as there are several sites which I use this size password.

I'd also like to be able to search in the folders view...

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited January 2011
    Hello, Chris, and welcome to the forums!

That's an interesting idea, but for most users, 20 characters is sufficient for a strong password. If we increased the slider to go all the way to 64, users would only have a third of the space now available to determine the number of characters they want in their password. That would make the generator hard to use precisely with your finger.
  • [quote name='RobYoder' timestamp='1294684777' post='18726']

Hello, Chris, and welcome to the forums!

That's an interesting idea, but for most users, 20 characters is sufficient for a strong password. If we increased the slider to go all the way to 64, users would only have a third of the space now available to determine the number of characters they want in their password. That would make the generator hard to use precisely with your finger.

[/quote]

Or you could move from a slider to a dial based number selection indicating the # of digits which would be more flexible and precise.
  • [quote name='Chris Epler' timestamp='1294757015' post='18784']

Or you could move from a slider to a dial based number selection indicating the # of digits which would be more flexible and precise.

[/quote]

And with dials you could turn the rather sparse generation screen into a more flexible option similar to the desktop app allowing for a digits and symbols dial...
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    I'll pass this on. I like the idea, but I have never actually generated a password on my iPod except for testing.

Thanks for the feedback, Chris!