This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Restore from Backup no 1Passwod.agilekeychain File

Agaethon
edited January 2011 in Mac
First let me say, 1Password is one of my most favorite applications. I can't live without it

With that said, I have a little issue. I have version 3.5.3

I just recently reformatted my MacBook Pro. My 1Password folder from ~/Library/Application Support was fully backed up as was my backup files from 1Password. When restoring something happend and I lost my 1Password.agilekeychain file. No worries I had 1Password's backup files. So I restored from one of them and all was fine. Except when I look inside the ~/Library/Application Support/1Password folder, there is no 1Password.agilekeychain file. There's the normal folders: Agent, Backups, Extensions. But now there is another 1Password folder (inside the App Support/1Password folder) that has a 1Password.html file, and folders named: a, config, data, sync. I'm fearful that the contents of my 1Password is out in the "open" and no longer in the .agilekeychain. I can't seem to figure out how to get it back.

Whats weird is the app is functioning totally normal, all my passwords and whatnots are there and if I didn't check the ~/Library/Application Support/1Password folder, I would have never known something was wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Okay, I actually managed to fix my issue. What I decided to do was go and Export 1Password Interchange files for all my entries. Then I deleted the ~/Library/Application Support/1Password folder. When I relaunched 1Password it prompted me to make a new Data File which I did, made a new master password and I imported the Interchange files. Everything is there and when I look at the ~/Library/Application Support/1Password folder my 1Password.agilekeychain is there.

Incidentally, I looked inside the package contents of the 1Password.agilekeychain file and found it to be the same stuff as the mysterious 1Password folder from before. I seams like when the original backup was restored it puts it in a folder instead of making a new 1Password.agilekeychain. That's just my guess, who knows? I'm just glad its all back to normal.
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    Hello, Agaethon, and welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry someone didn't get back to you sooner, but I'm glad you resolved the problem. Believe it or not, 1Password.agilekeychain is just a fancy folder. It sounds as though somehow the extension got removed, causing you to *see* it as a folder instead of a package file. In either case, your data was still 100% secure and encrypted.