This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Android PIN option in 1Password

Does anyone know if the PIN option in the Application Protection section of the Android Version of 1password, is supposed to replace the master password on the application. For me it works until I leave the application for an hour or so, then I am forced to put the master password back instead of the PIN.

My Master pasword is easy to type on a MAC but a bear to do on an Android Keyboard. ( [?123}, [alt] multiple times) I'd much rather use a pin number.

I don't have the Autolock Application turned on at all so I don't know why it still locks. Maybe that is how it's designed. Not sure.

Thanks,

Jim

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    Hello, Jim, and welcome to the forum!

I don't have an answer for you, but I'll move this thread to the Android forum so that Gene (our Android developer) will see it and answer soon.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited January 2011
    Hi Jim,

I am glad that you raised the very important question.

In order to login into the application, 1P4A absolutely requires to provide a Master Password for the keychain.

Once it is done, the application can be locked/unlocked with PIN or Master Password, depending how you specified it in your Preferences.

(of course, using PIN is much more convenient).

There is also an autologin feature which automatically locks 1P4A after a certain interval, also specified in preferences.

In the same time, Android OS has full control of running applications, it can remove from memory any application without warning in order to

free some room for others. This is done depending on the available memory and number of applications running, we developers have no control on that.

That is why when you leave 1P4A running in a background for > 1h, OS often simply closes it and reclaims memory for other applications.

Therefore, when you try to bring 1P4A to the front and to use it again, you have a new instance of the application and, of course, you are asked

to Login with your Master Password (and not to Unlock the application as you expected).

On my phone it takes approx 2 hours until 1P4A killed by OS if it is idle but it depends on

the available phone's memory and number of running applications.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='Jim Kent' timestamp='1295021520' post='18986']

Does anyone know if the PIN option in the Application Protection section of the Android Version of 1password, is supposed to replace the master password on the application. For me it works until I leave the application for an hour or so, then I am forced to put the master password back instead of the PIN.

My Master pasword is easy to type on a MAC but a bear to do on an Android Keyboard. ( [?123}, [alt] multiple times) I'd much rather use a pin number.

I don't have the Autolock Application turned on at all so I don't know why it still locks. Maybe that is how it's designed. Not sure.

Thanks,

Jim

[/quote]