This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

All My Passwords are GONE!

I was having a problem syncing between my mac and my ipad. When I sync'd the two, my passwords passed into my ipad, but all the data that was on my mac disappeared. I attempted to sync, but nothing happens to my mac. ALL HELP is really appreciated!

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited January 2011
    [quote name='Alan Beck' timestamp='1295027819' post='18995']

I was having a problem syncing between my mac and my ipad. When I sync'd the two, my passwords passed into my ipad, but all the data that was on my mac disappeared. I attempted to sync, but nothing happens to my mac. ALL HELP is really appreciated!

[/quote]

Hey Alan

I assume from the other post this AM you got the DB sync to work. Sounds like 1P just lost track of the data file when you moved it to Dropbox. (likely caused by moving it via Finder and not the 1P preferences) Open the dropbox folder on your Mac locate the 1Password.agilekeychain file double click on it and 1P will ask if you want to switch to this keychain select yes. You should be good to go.

Just to make sure everything is working properly when finished add a secure note to your Mac inside 1P, allow it to sync to Dropbox, then open the iPad app let it sync to dropbox and verify the Note arrived if it did you are all set and the sync is working properly.
  • I actually didn't get it to sync with dropbox. I got frustrated and tried to sync it using wifi (I'm using 1p pro. That is when I lost everything.
  • thightower
    edited January 2011
    [quote name='Alan Beck' timestamp='1295028607' post='18998']

I actually didn't get it to sync with dropbox. I got frustrated and tried to sync it using wifi (I'm using 1p pro. That is when I lost everything.

[/quote]

Do you have a backup of the data you should have one auto created.

In the 1P menubar click File > restore from back up select the newest backup, assuming thats the one you want and then click restore. You should see something like this.

Edit : You have a copy on your iPhone so you have a safe copy of the Data, dont try a sync again until we get your Data back on the Mac Just to be safe.
  • thightower
    edited January 2011
    When we get you up and running again we can continue with the Dropbox sync if you wish... just let me know if you want to try it again.
  • That did it! Thank You for your help. If I don't like the way it sync's in the future, I will try Dropbox once again.
  • thightower
    [quote name='Alan Beck' timestamp='1295030361' post='19002']

That did it! Thank You for your help. If I don't like the way it sync's in the future, I will try Dropbox once again.

[/quote]

Ok.... just let us know and one of us will try to give you some help if needed.