This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Licence Query

Hi,

When the licence for 1Password says 'single user', does that mean literally one person, or does it mean one Mac?

The scenario I am thinking of is a husband & wife who share a single Mac in a single household. Would they need the five user 'family' licence for them both to use 1Password, or is that intended more for several family members who each have their own Mac?

Forgive me if this sounds like a silly question... I bought a copy of Office 2011 which clearly states 'Single User; Single Mac' on the box, but it works fine for several users who share the one Mac.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    [quote name='quaffa' timestamp='1295129449' post='19050']

Hi,

When the licence for 1Password says 'single user', does that mean literally one person, or does it mean one Mac?

The scenario I am thinking of is a husband & wife who share a single Mac in a single household. Would they need the five user 'family' licence for them both to use 1Password, or is that intended more for several family members who each have their own Mac?

Forgive me if this sounds like a silly question... I bought a copy of Office 2011 which clearly states 'Single User; Single Mac' on the box, but it works fine for several users who share the one Mac.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

This should help you make sense of the licensing models 1P uses. If you need to change from a single license to a family license you can email support@agile.ws and they ( support staff ) can try to help you out.

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/how_many_licenses.html
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    Hi, quaffa. Our software is indeed licensed to the *user*, not the machine. If there is more than one user, you'll need more than a single user license. On the other hand, if you are the only user, you may use the software on as many Macs as you own.

I hope that helps.