This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password app doesn't update until quit? But FF has right details?

Hi there - I am a new 1Password user, and as I am using it to get my accounts back into order I have noticed that the background 1Password app (on my mac) isn't updating with the details that I am typing into Firefox? It seems like when I update a password or visit a new site and record its details that they don't appear in the 1Password application until I exit it and relaunch it. This doesn't seem right? However, if I logout of the site and then log back in, 1Password will still use the new details (even though they don't appear in the application).

Has anyone had this before?

I noticed this first when I went to update a password - and found that there doesn't seem to be an easy way in the browser to fill in the existing password for the current site (there is just a Fill and Submit option) - so I went to the running 1P application in my dock to copy the password (which is a bit of faff - but I guess I don't have to do it that often) and I noticed it was showing a wrong password (or at least an earlier version than what I had updated a few minutes before).

Am I doing something wrong?

Tim

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    Hello, Tim, and welcome to the forum!

It sounds as though you may have created two separate items. 1Password does update as you save information from the browser. If you still can't find the information after searching 1Password, that is very strange and not normal.

Another tip: You can *fill* an existing login without filling *and* submitting if you hold down the option key while you select your login from the 1P menu in your browser. When you hold down the option key, "Fill & Submit" turns into "Fill".

I hope that helps.
  • [quote name='RobYoder' timestamp='1295320391' post='19121']

It sounds as though you may have created two separate items. 1Password does update as you save information from the browser. If you still can't find the information after searching 1Password, that is very strange and not normal.

[/quote]

I'll keep an eye on it (and thanks for the tip). I'm pretty sure thats what it did, but now I am a bit more up to speed with it I'll see if it happens again.

Tim
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    Thanks, Tim