This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature requests for templates and tags

cinthia
cinthia Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">remove tags case sensitivity and add template for hardware</div>Hello and thank you for a brilliant product. I have a request for two features I miss on a consistent basis. A change to Tags and VAULT.

1) Tags: remove case sensitivity

It's difficult to remember to (or not to) capitalize certain words, so I'm constantly having to reorganize tags. Merging and deleting tags from "software" and "Software" for example. I doubt most people would use the same word for two tags with the only difference being a capitalized letter.

2) VAULT: I'm confused by the VAULT. For example, I why is the Hardware template under "Accounts"? With all the devices we have today (desktops, laptops, iphones, ipads, NAS drives, Airports etc.) doesn't hardware deserve it's own category? The devices aren't "Accounts". I know I need to record the same purchase info as software plus a place for the MAK, ip address, storage capacity or anything else pertinent to a hardware device.

"Accounts" is also confusing because everything in there requires a Login - so isn't it already in Logins? What's the advantage of entering it again? If I could just change the name "Accounts" to "Hardware", I'd work around it that way. also duplicates items already in Logins.

Notes - since there is no access to Notes from the system, they are rarely used. If there was a contextual menu or better yet, menu bar access we could use notes from anywhere. An improved version of "Stickies"

Again, thank you for my favorite, most used after system install piece of software.

Comments

• RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    Hi, Cinthia.

Those are excellent ideas, and I will pass them on. One clarification about the Accounts vault, though, is that the information there is not really for "hardware" specifically or for "logins". Actually, it's just a place for you to store credentials for accessing certain digital accounts that don't have web logins. For example, your Wi-Fi router, the iTunes store, and Instant Messenger all require credentials to be entered, but not via a website. Accounts is the place to store that information for your reference.

Hope that helps.
  • kitmos
    kitmos Senior Member
    I agree that tags should be NOT be case sensitive

Cheers,

Kit