This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Knox won't launch

<div class="IPBDescription">Knox won't launch</div>Knox won't launch after running some disk utility (drive genius). Reinstalling doesn't solve problem. I have deleted all knox files/folders, reinstalled from fresh download and continue with problem. Can you help me?

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, lt5vett. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

I must ask. Have you already restarted your system?

What happens with you try to launch Knox after a clean restart? Are you still able to open your vaults by double-clicking them in Finder even while Knox is not running? If there are any onscreen errors, could you post a screenshot?

Please let me know. I would love to get this resolved for you.
  • Lombie
    Lombie Junior Member
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1296261742' post='19690']

Welcome to the forums, lt5vett. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

I must ask. Have you already restarted your system?

What happens with you try to launch Knox after a clean restart? Are you still able to open your vaults by double-clicking them in Finder even while Knox is not running? If there are any onscreen errors, could you post a screenshot?

Please let me know. I would love to get this resolved for you.

[/quote]

I'm having a problem launching Knox, too. I trashed the old version I was running (2.0.4) and downloaded version 2.0.8. The same problem happens.

When I try to launch Knox, the suitcase shows up at the top of my screen, but when I mouse over it, all I get is the Apple 'pinwheel.' If I try to move the Knox app to the trash, it says it can't because Knox is open. However, when I do Command + Tab, Knox isn't visibly open. Also, it's not listed in the choices of apps that I can force quit.

After about 2-3 minutes, the Knox briefcase in the menu bar goes away and I can move it to the trash. Presumably, it has quit trying to open/timed out.

I'm running 10.6.7 on a MacBook Pro.

Any ideas?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited May 2011
    I am sorry that you are having this trouble.

The first thing to verify is that you do not already have another copy of Knox running; if you have an older version running, launching another version will fail to launch.

If that is not the case, I will need to see some of your log files to see what's happening. In this case, please email us at support@agilebits.com and attach this file:

Home > Library > Logs > Knox > Knox.log

For some users this file doesn't exist so don't be alarmed if that's your situation as well.

Also, there could be errors in your Console so I'll need to see those too. You can get these logs as follows:

1. Launch Console, found in the /Applications/Utilities folder.

2. Click the "Clear Display" button on the toolbar.

3. Launch Knox, let it fail, and wait 15 seconds to let the Console refresh.

4. Press Command-A to select all the logs and Command-C to copy them to your clipboard.

5. After starting an email to support@agilebits.com, press Command-V to paste the logs.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

I look forward to resolving this.

Thanks for your help!